Chapter 28 - Telling The Best Friend

Author's note: This is another chapter that got deleted, and I really liked writing this one too.

So this is a rewritten one but it is essentially the same outcome.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Adrian was standing outside the familiar house that was like a second home to Adrian when growing up. He was hesitant to knock on Adam's front door, nerves going haywire inside of him in case things went drastically bad.

'You can do it. He's your best friend, what's the worse that could happen?' Adrian thought to himself.

'He can shun you and completely block you out of his life, ignoring the fact you even exist and maybe even be disgusted by you.' Another voice in Adrian's head explained.

Adrian knocked on the door, ignoring the voices as he wanted to get this over and done with. He was ready to start being open with people, and show people how he was in a relationship with another guy.

Opening the door, Adam's father greeted him like usual. Polite and formal they chatted briefly with his wife, before Adrian ascended the familiar pathway to Adam's door.

With his hand in the air, Adrian was about to turn the door handle until he started to talk to himself again.

'Just go in there, and explain everything clearly and properly. Slow and steady Adrian...'

Adam turned around from the chair he was sitting on and saw Adrian come in, closing the door behind him as Adrian faced him.

"Hey Adrian, what's u-"

"I'm gay!" Adrian blurted out loud.

'So much for slow and steady, dumb dumb.' Adrian berated himself.

Adam didn't seem to show any indifference as he remained silent, not moving from his seat or showing any expression at all.

"I'm gay," Adrian said more calmly, "And I thought you should know that, I'm seeing Brody."

Before Adam could speak, Adrian began to pace around the room, a rant about to unfold as he let the words come out freely. "We haven't been dating that long, but we definitely like each other a lot. We've called each other boyfriend before, and we make out a lot - like constantly. And I like it! I didn't know I was gay, but then all that was in my mind was Brody, and how much I liked him."

Adrian's words were coming out a mile a minute, and Adam found this situation mildly amusing. Adrian didn't see the smile on Adam's face because he was still rambling out loud. "We've been spending a lot of time together, and ever since, we've grown closer together. And we get to kiss a lot, which is nice and everything. We haven't gotten any further, and it's not that I don't want to, but we're taking our time and everything. But yeah, me and Brody, dating. I'm gay."

The silence from Adrian let Adam talk for the first time since Adrian came into his room. His face was expressionless before it morphed into a massive grin. "I've known for ages, you idiot!"

Adrian was perplexed as he sat down on the bed forcefully. "Wait what?! How did you know?"

Adam laughed when he went to explain all of the signs about Adrian's 'secret' relationship. "Well the first thing was that Ashley mentioned Brody had been behaving differently, the same time I noticed the same thing about you too. I mean that isn't much but you both have been spending a lot of time together." Adam chuckled to himself as he was a little jealous of losing time with his best friend. "Frankly it seemed like Brody was your new best friend, given all the time you spend with him."

"Oh." Was all Adrian could say.

Adam snapped his fingers as he had another explanation of how he knew about their relationship. "And then when I found out you two were sharing a hotel room together, that was a major alarm bell."

Adrian was quick to explain how that one didn't mean anything. "Anybody can share a room together and not have anything gay come out of it."

"Not when you both have massive hickeys left on each other when there's no else around." Adam laughed very loudly at the way the evidence stacked up against the pair.

"Yep that will do it." Adrian said, accepting that the hickeys were a major giveaway. "So, are you not mad at me or anything? You don't, hate me?"

Adam got up from his chair and sat down on the bed next to Adrian. "You're my best friend idiot, there's no way I can hate you for just being gay, Adrian. To be honest I'm just a little upset you can think something like that about me."

"Sorry." Adrian let out in a low whisper. He then looked at Adam and saw he was being genuine, he still had his best friend and that meant so much to Adrian. "Thank you, for not hating me."

Adam bumped his shoulder against Adrian, the little show of affection made Adrian happier knowing that he wasn't resented for being gay.

Now being playful, Adam wanted to know more about his best's friends relationship. "So, you and Brody huh? How are things with you two?"

Adrian couldn't help but smile fondly at the question. Before he could even answer using his words, the smile showed everything Adam needed to know. Adrian was happy with Brody, and that warmed his heart.

"Look at us, both in a stable relationship at the same time. Who would have thought?" Adam joked, which was met with Adrian laughing.

The best friends were still joking with each other before Adrian had to leave for work. They were still on great terms with each other as their friendship was unchanged from Adrian's coming out. And both of them felt a sense of relief knowing that their friendship wasn't going to change any time soon.

==========