Chapter 42 - Hold Up

Author's note: This was another rewritten chapter since the old got deleted.

Back to the story*

~~~~~~~~~~

Adrian was at work at the pizzeria, and the restaurant was pretty quiet tonight. With less staff in today, Adrian got excited about the prospect of closing up early and getting to hang out with his friends.

"So that's table for Axel, at 7:30pm tomorrow?" Adrian wrote down the reservation in the notebook as he booked it in. "Okay well we'll see you tomorrow, take care."

Adrian hung up the phone and turned towards the bar, pouring a drink for the only couple at the restaurant at the moment.

It really did seem like Adrian would be able to close up early tonight. That was until the door chimed and a group of people were heard walking in.

Adrian let out a tired breath, knowing that he would no longer be leaving early. He turned around to greet the customers, and his head dropped at seeing Caden with his Eagles teammates.

Caden was obnoxious as ever, as he began antagonising Adrian. "Can we get a table already? We've been waiting ages for some customer service."

It had been barely 5 second since they walked through the door and Adrian was already annoyed. Being the professional, Adrian swallowed the thought down and led them to one of the many empty booths.

After serving the other couple their drinks, Adrian took a note of the newest table's order and began filling the glasses from behind the bar.

He was on his own when Caden joined him by the bar, leaning against the counter as he patiently waited. "So, is it just you here tonight?"

"We were going to close early tonight since it was just me and one chef here, now it looks like we won't." Adrian explained with passive aggression as he filled a pitcher with ice cold water.

Caden looked around them and coughed slightly when no one was around. "Look, be careful when you walk home tonight. It can get, dangerous."

Adrian dropped what he was holding and turned to face Caden with a harsh glare. "Are you threatening me again you neanderthal?"

The pair were soon interrupted by another person at the door. Their faces turned to gloom when Sam approached them with a beaming smile on his face.

"Hey guys." Sam then looked around the restaurant and saw it was empty, "Quiet night?"

Only Sam was pretending to be friendly, as Adrian remained silent while Caden had decided to just leave the restaurant when he saw Sam. Adrian was confused to hear that Caden wasn't coming back, but he didn't care since it was one less annoying person to fuss over.

Sam didn't say anything else to Adrian as he cheekily smiled at him, before walking towards his friends in the booth. Out stretching his arms on the back of the chair, Sam made himself feel at home.

'This night just got worse.' Adrian thought to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~

The group were loud and frustrating to deal with for the whole night, the team still hated Adrian as he felt like his ears were constantly burning. Adrian grew tired when he had to continuously clean up after their intentional mess they were making.

When it was time to pay up, Adrian was very unhappy to see that no tip was left after working his bones off to serve them all.

Adrian was outraged when he read the comment left by one of the Eagles. 'Server was rude, couldn't enjoy our meal.'