Chapter 65 - A Cheeky Date

Brody was juggling with holding his folders full of school work, and all of his hockey gear that he had to carry. He took them out of Adrian's locker, who was gracious to let him borrow his storage space.

The bell had went off 10 minutes ago, and Brody was still trying to sort all of his stuff before he got to practice.

Shutting the locker door closed, Brody balanced everything as he made his way down the hallway. Brody had turned the corner when a random student crashed into him, knocking all of Brody's belongings onto the ground as sheets of paper scattered everywhere on the floor.

"Sorry!" The guy shouted as he ran off before Brody could get a glance of the jerk, not even bothering to help collect his things off the ground.

Huffing out an exhausted breath, Brody began picking everything up when a second pair of hands began helping him.

They had both managed to messily put everything back in place when Brody thanked the person for their help.

"Some people." Elliot joked with sympathy, referring to the guy who knocked Brody's stuff and didn't help him.

Brody agreed as he nodded. He then realised that Elliot was meant to be at practice as well. "You late for practice too I guess?"

"Yeah, Chamberlain wanted my 2 week update on how I'm liking the school and everything. And then when I got to this school, I got lost, again." Elliot laughed.

"Since we're going together, want me to show you?" Brody asked as he gestured towards the stadium.

Nodding as he appreciated the offer, "Thanks, that would be great." Elliot said.

~~~~~~~~~~

Despite the fact that they were late and were meant to be rushing to practice, both of them took their time as Brody began to learn more about his new teammate.

"So where in Greece are you from exactly?" Brody asked as he made the effort to learn more about the new student on his team.

"Mykonos, you ever been?" When Brody told him no, Elliot explained why he should go sometime. "First of the food is delicious, you heard of Moussaka before?"

Shaking his head, "Moussaka? What's that?"

Elliot did his best to explain the dish so that Brody would understand. "It's kind of like Shepard's Pie, but more eggplant based with more herbs and spices."

"Sounds delicious," Brody admitted, "I cook quite often so maybe I'll give it a try some time."

Elliot then chose to describe why Mykonos was a very popular island that people love to go to. "For starters the night life is amazing, truly unbelievable. Some of my most memorable nights were at the all night parties that are thrown there all the time. And then there are beach parties and strip clubs everywhere, whatever the preference."

Brody saw that Elliot was clearly happy about remembering his old life. He envisioned life living over there, with the beautiful sea, and it all sounded so stunning. So it raised the question of why he ever left in the first place.

Elliot ended up laughing as he had to explain why. "Because the night life was too amazing, my education sucked because of all the partying and the hangovers. So my parents sent me and Michelle over here to get a better education, ditching the party life for a little bit."

"I guess you've set your priorities straight now." Brody respected the fact that he was now focussing on his long term future. "While the party life isn't the best over here, 'The Highway' is pretty decent for our area."