Chapter 49 - Late Night Visitor

Brody just came back from grocery shopping when he started to pack them all away. As he was storing all of the food he bought, Ashley came out of her room to grab some juice from the bag.

"Hey you want to do something later? Me and Adam were thinking about going to The Highway tonight."

Brody continued unpacking when he replied, "No thanks, I'm probably going to see Adrian before visiting hours are over."

Ashley shook her head in disbelief as she hid a smile behind her glass. "You are so whipped for that boy, aren't you?"

'Guilty as charged.' Brody instantly thought to himself.

When his silence was met with Ashley's smirk, he lied to her by saying, "No I'm not."

"Whatever you say Pinocchio, keep talking and your nose is going to poke my eye out from across the counter."

Brody threw a bag of pasta at her, deflecting the situation as he finished unloading the bags. "Okay so maybe a little, but nothing like you and Adam."

Ashley laughed loudly as she deliberately exaggerated it, "Oh please, we're only about of quarter of how whipped you are with Adrian. Every time you're in the room together, I swear one of you has puppy dog eyes for the other."

Brody was nonchalant about it, he couldn't control how he felt about the other boy. Brody was already in too deep and it was too late to escape, especially after they talked the other night.

Going back to the puppy dog eyes comment, "It makes him more cute when he looks at me like that, I'm just really happy with life right now."

"Apart from him being stabbed of course." Ashley added.

"Yep."

~~~~~~~~~

Later that night, Ashley and Adam were on their way to the nightclub as Brody headed out with them, heading towards a different destination.

"Sure you don't want to join us?" Adam asked with his arm wrapped around Ashley, "It'll be lots of fun." He sang, at an attempt to lure him to the club.

Brody declined the offer again, "No thanks, got to keep the boyfriend entertained since he's still stuck in the hospital for another night."

Ashley wasn't subtle as she pretended to cough in order to cover herself up, "Whipped." She wheezed out.

Brody ruffled Ashley's hair, messing it up as she protested, "Hey, you jerk!"

Brody laughed as he waved goodbye from over his shoulders. Before he got to the hospital, Brody made a quick stop to the diner.

Brody was waiting at the counter when Sally saw him. "Hi sweetie, what can I get you?"

"I actually ordered on the phone earlier, just came to pick it up."

After Sally went to check the kitchen, she came back empty handed. "They're just packing it up for you now." Sally was restocking napkins in the dispenser as she made small talk with Brody. "So, got any plans for tonight?"

"Just going to see Adrian, thought I would bring him his favourite food since he's missing it a lot."

Sally gushed at the gesture, "Bless you sweetie, you are too good for this world." Sally pinched a blushing Brody's cheek, happy that her son found such a sweet and caring boyfriend that she liked.

Brody offered a small and shy smile back to Sally. "Just doing what's in my job description."

"Don't knock yourself down sweetie, you already do so much for Adrian, and I'm really glad you take good care of him."