Chapter 81 - Dirty Tactics

* Mature and explicit scenes in this chapter, indicated with a # border.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Truthfully, Adrian didn't expect to last this long without even slightly touching Brody.

It had been less than a day since the bet was made, and they both thought it would be safe to sleep separately until the bet was over.

Both of them were too stubborn to give up so easily, and Adrian liked a challenge anyway.

But he was missing holding Brody, kissing him and vice versa. So Adrian was willing to play dirty to get it all over and done with, so he could be victorious.

~~~~~~~~~~~

They were hanging out in Brody's living room, doing their own thing as they sat at opposite sides of the couch, when Adrian pretended to cough.

Brody was too engrossed in his own world so Adrian coughed again, harder and longer.

Looking up from his phone, "You okay babe?"

Adrian pretended like it was nothing as he smiled back at Brody. "Just a tingle in my throat, I think I'll be okay."

When Brody turned back to his phone, Adrian was dissatisfied with Brody's reaction. He needed more so he decided to step it up a gear so that Brody would eventually lose the stupid bet.

Adrian pretended to have a chestier coughing fit, wiping his forehead with the back of his sleeves for a more dramatic effect.

"You don't look so good Adrian, let me get you some water." Brody innocently offered.

Brody almost handed Adrian the water before he stopped himself, realising that he almost made contact with Adrian. Catching his mistake, he set it down on the table and watched Adrian's symptoms from afar.

Adrian saw Brody pause and thought he was so close to breaking him. Adrian took a large drink from the glass and let out a tired breath.

"Any better?"

Shaking his head, "I think I'm coming down with something." Adrian then stretched his shirt and waved it a little, letting the air cool his temperature down. "Is it really warm in here?"

Brody looked at Adrian confused. "Not really, I'll go get an ice pack for you."

Normally, the first second that Brody thought Adrian was unwell, he would usually have his hands all over him and check his temperature by feeling his forehead. Brody would usually then coddle him, and be the super sweet boyfriend he normally is by making sure Adrian was well rested and on the road to recovery.

But now Brody was holding out on him, and Adrian was frustrated that he hadn't broken down the distant character Brody was putting on.

He splashed some of the water from his glass onto his face, hoping the special effects would send Brody running to him.

Brody came back into the room and saw that Adrian had a light sheen on his face. "You know you look worse now, let me check your temperature."

Adrian shamelessly smirked a little, thinking that he would win any second now.

But Brody was more perceptive than Adrian gave him credit for.

Brody stood afar from Adrian as he handed him a thermometer instead. Adrian looked back at him slightly shocked that Brody wasn't touching him yet, and now Brody was the one smirking.

"Come on babe, put it under your tongue." Brody challenged as he knowingly grinned at Adrian.

The stubborn Adrian did what he was told, waiting for the reading to show that he was completely fine.