Chapter 66 - Worming His Way In

Author's note: Over the last couple of weeks I've had some people ask when the story is going to be finished, if there even was an end goal.

I wanted to keep this story kind of realistic, no supernatural stuff, or resurrecting parents, or constant time jumps in the story.

With all of the future chapters planned out, it probably should be Chapter 87 +/- 1 when the story ends.

Given that I still plan to do 1 chapter per day, it should be the end of June when this story is completed.

I also wanted to thank all of those people who made it this far into this story. I hope you've been enjoying it, and continue to stick with it until the end. The support, votes, and comments mean a lot.

Back to the story*

~~~~~~~~~~~

The next evening, Brody was working late at the bakery as he was closing up tonight. Whilst he was at work, Ashley was helping him multi-task by revising when he wasn't busy.

It was getting close to closing time, and most of the desserts were going to be thrown away, as fresh treats were going to be baked the next morning.

With that in mind, Ashley had the genius idea to taste test all of the deserts that were going to be thrown away. Also being one with a sweet tooth, Brody marvelled in the idea as well - even though they've tried every item on the menu before.

They shared some of the caramel apple strudel, half of a chocolate eclair, pieces of a strawberry shortcake puff, and an entire serving of tiramisu between the two - all within the span of 40 minutes as they were studying at the same time.

"I don't know how you can still eat so much, I actually feel nauseous from all these desserts." Ashley said as she saw Brody reach for a slice of a white chocolate ganache cake. "Your metabolism is just amazing if you're eating more still."

Guilty as charged, Brody's body could handle digesting food better than the average person. Given that he also burns energy off with all of the exercises and workouts he does, it was normal for Brody to stay slim. Being physically fit was also just a gift from God Ashley concluded.

Brody ended up putting the piece of packaged cake into his bag instead of eating it right there. When Ashley looked at him funny, he explained, "This is for Adrian tonight."

Ashley didn't say anything, she just pinched his cheeks as she teased him instead.

The bakery was still open, and so they weren't really surprised to see someone walk in.

"Hey Elliot, what can I get you?" Brody asked, serving the new customer in front of him.

"Brody? I didn't know you work here." Elliot smiled as he greeted him.

Smiling back at him, "Yeah I've been working here for ages. Ashley, this is Elliot if you haven't met him before. Elliot, this is Ashley." He said as he introduced them both to each other.

After they greeted each other, Elliot noticed all of the empty cake trays that were on the counter, either half eaten or completely disintegrated from the earth.

Quirking a curious eyebrow at the pair, "We were making the most out of the leftovers before he throws them away." Ashley explained as they laughed.

"I would too if I got to work in a bakery, and stay in shape like Brody over there." Elliot joked with the pair.

"So Elliot, is there anything I can get you? There's lots of options to choose from." Brody inquired.

Elliot stepped towards the pair and closer towards the counter, eyeing out all of the treats that were still on display. His eyes then wandered onto the menu board that listed out many different treats and flavours too.