Chapter 11 - Kelsey's Party

The next night, Adrian and Adam were making their way to Kelsey Kane's party. After getting the address from Brody earlier, Adam was leading them both through the neighbourhood.

"All of these houses are ridiculously nice." Adrian wondered one amazement.

Adrian took in the sight of the trees and hedges meticulously coordinated along with the greenery. The metal gates glistened in pristine condition behind the Victorian style houses. Each house bursting with sophistication, elegance and beauty.

Adam couldn't help but agree. "Yeah no kidding. Ashley said Kelsey's family was rich but this is just... amazing..."

Adrian pointed towards a group of people standing outside the biggest house of the neighbourhood. Drinks in one hand and cigarettes in the other, they all seemed to be in their own world as music could faintly be heard from where they were standing.

"Guessing this is the house, you think everything's going to be alright tonight?" Adrian was hesitant going to a party where the people were going to hate him.

Adam was quick to reassure his friend. "No need to worry Adrian, we're just going to have a great night with some friends and drink a little."

Adam turned to look at Adrian who still looked a little on edge. "I think this party is going to help you unwind a bit mate, you've been a lot more tense recently and a good night out will fix all that."

Adrian thought about everything that's been different with him recently. The conclusion he came up with revolved around a certain pretty boy that he may be crushing on, who kept occupying his thoughts a lot more than Adrian would like to admit.

'But he's a guy...'

Brody was another hockey enthusiast of a player just like Adrian. He was smart as well as clearly attractive. Not only that but his playfulness and caring qualities stuck out to Adrian the most.

'But he's a guy...'

Adrian was brought out of his thoughts with a hand waved at his face.

"Hello? Anyone in there?" Adam knocked on Adrian's forehead.

Adrian shoved Adam gently away from him. "Let's just go inside."

~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as they walked through the door, several pairs of eyes locked onto them but none of them seemed to care or even notice who they really were.

"Coast is clear I guess, time to have some fun." Adam grinned.

The house was just as nice on the inside. The first thing they saw was a huge spiral staircase with exposed brick walls as an archway in between every room. A crystal chandelier loomed over every room with several scenery paintings decorating the walls.

"Hey guys! Glad to see you make it." Ashley greeted them as she made her way through the living room. Walking with ease because of her flat sneakers, Ashley was wearing a black sequin dress which showed of her neckline and slim waist as well as a jacket wrapped around her waist.

"Wow..." Slipped our of Adam's mouth. Adrian looked at Adam to see him still staring while turning back to see Ashley tuck a stray hair behind her ear.

"Here," Ashley handed a shot glass to both of the guys. "You have an hour's worth of drinks to catch up on so you can start with these."

Not one to deny a drink, Adam downed it followed by Adrian shortly afterwards.

"That was our Uber's fault, dropped us off at the wrong side of town so we just walked the rest here." Adam confessed.

"This neighbourhood is something else, who is Kelsey?"