2

"i know there's only a matter of time."
;

SPENCER REID and the Behavioral Analysis Unit came rushing out of their SUVs, geared up with their bulletproof vests and guns held up in front of their noses.

When Derek Morgan kicked down the large and towering oak doors with force, they filed into the Beckett home, the SWAT team trailing closely behind them. The first sight seen by Spencer was a girl sitting on the ground, her arms wrapped around her knees.

As Spencer neared the scene, he saw what the girl had her eyes so painfully fixed on. A dead body, of a man in his 70s, sitting on one of the couches. He had multiple stab wounds to his chest and a gunshot to the head. Overkill was apparent in this situation.

It was a sick sight to see, and although the doctor and agent was desensitized to it, he wondered how the girl was still staring at the corpse.

"Medic!!! We have a body!" Spencer yelled through the communicating device on his vest.

"Clear!"

"Clear!"

"I got the someone up here!" Spencer heard JJ yell from the upstairs level.

Spencer slowly neared the sobbing girl, putting his gun back into the holster of his waistband. There was no doubt that this girl wasn't a danger.

"I'm from the FBI. Are you the one that made the 911 call?" Spencer slowly asked.

She slowly turned her head, her brown puffy eyes meeting his. The girl nodded, her hand trembling violently as she tucked a piece of brunette hair behind her ear.

"What's your name?" Spencer asked, although he already had a clear guess. On the way here, Garcia had already quickly briefed them on the Beckett family. This was their only daughter, Hazel Beckett.

"Hazel." She croaked out, her voice raspy like she had just woken up.

"Are you hurt Hazel?" Spencer asked, following protocol although he already knew she was clearly unharmed.

She simply shook her head, her breath shuddering as the medics placed the dead old man onto a gurney, covering the body with plastic. Hazel watched as they headed out the door.

He quietly made her way to the girl, who he realized was probably quite close to his own age, and squatted down next to her, but not close enough to make her uncomfortable.

Hazel's attention averted to Spencer, where she stayed frozen in place as he flashed a small tight-lipped smile.

"Can you tell me what happened here?"

Hazel looked at his mouth, which moved in a peculiar way as he spoke. The way the man jutted his bottom lip out, as he talked, followed by the action of pursing his lips together. She always had this habit of scanning people, looking at their own certain habits. Hazel never had the chance to talk to many other individuals, so whenever she did, the girl always made sure she didn't miss a single detail about said person.

"I...woke up." She said quietly, and as Spencer noticed, in a shy manner. It was obvious to him that this girl wasn't all too sociable. "I went downstairs and found—found him. Wilson. He's...our-our butler-guard-kinda person." Hazel inhaled, noting to herself to fix the choppiness of her words.