;

You can search throughout the entire
universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection. 〉
— buddha

"i sometimes think about the endless ways we could've ended up."

;

PART TWO

___________________________

RYAN BECKETT let the door in front of him buzz, a green light flashing as he reached out to open it. It was silent as he sat down in the cold secluded room in front of Walker Beckett, who wore an orange jumpsuit accompanied by metal handcuffs.

"Brother." Walker said in a weak voice, indicating his restless nights in prison. "Took you long enough."

"I'm sorry. Work is getting really busy." The businessman replied, letting out a sigh.

A smirk made its way up to Walker's face, knowing what work meant. "When am I getting out of here?"

"Soon. I promise." Ryan replied. "And...I'm sorry."

"For making me become the scapegoat or the fact that you're holding my family hostage?" He asked, raising a brow.

"You're family is fine. I still provide them everything they need, they're living a more luxurious life than that daughter of mine." Ryan said in disbelief.

"Hazel. She was the reason Kin wasn't arrested that day, you hear? The feds think that her and I were having an affair." Walker let out a laugh. "That shit's ridiculous."

"Yes. And that was the plan."

"You know what wasn't part of the plan, brother?" Walker asked, his musty face leaning closer across the table. "Me ending up in fucking prison."

"I'm sorry." Ryan said, his face and emotions stone cold. "We'll get you out of here, I promise."

"Hm." Walker shook his head incredulously. "Sometimes, I wonder how my life would've turned out if you hadn't dragged me into your business."

"I'll tell you how it would've turned out." Ryan said. "You would've ended up on the streets. Like a rat. Both you and your family."

"What, you threatening me now?"

The eldest Beckett shook his head. "I'm getting the facts straight."

"Yeah, well you're gonna have to get them straighter because those FBI agents just found a couple of bodies buried south of here." Walker said, wicked smile making its way up to his face. "But you're already taking care of that, aren't you?"

"Of course I am." Ryan said, slowly standing as his brother's gaze was rock solid on him. "I always take care of everything in the end, don't you remember?"

The man stared at his younger brother with power, power and control Ryan knew that he had over him.

After all, he had power and control over everything.