38

"i can wait for as long as you need."

;

  HAZEL CLEANED the dripping blood
from the gash on her arm, thoroughly disinfecting it as her mind wandered and wandered. Everytime she thought about how Spencer cried on her shoulder tonight, it made her eyes well up with tears. It just scared her so much, seeing him like that—realizing how hurt Spencer was, felt like a knife to the gut.

Although she was sure Spencer was having it much worse.

Hazel slowly gazed at herself in the mirror, examining her eye bags and her sickly skin tone that looked almost green. It was scary to see how not sleeping has taken a toll on her—but of course, that was the least of her problems. She tried to calm her ragged breathing, ground herself because she knew Spencer needed her more than ever—but eventually it all came breaking down, in the forms of quiet sobbing. She didn't want Spencer to hear her.

For some reason, she couldn't help but feel like it was her fault—even if she still didn't know what happened to make Spencer break down like that. Hazel imagined all of the times he laid in bed, completely miserable with no one to talk to, even when she was right there, laying next to him. She should've tried harder getting him to open up, and maybe then Spencer would feel like he could finally breathe.

Hazel knew she'd do anything for Spencer Reid, and it broke her heart to realize that he didn't think that she would. She wanted him to just rely on her, because everyone deserved someone to rely on. And from now on, Hazel promised herself she'd pepper him with all her love and affection until he exploded.

Once Hazel felt her chest lighten up due to her crying, she drew in a deep breath and wiped away the tears on her face. She let out a sigh, making her way downstairs once more. Hazel smiled when she saw Spencer curled up on her couch, his legs bent weirdly because they were too long, and sleeping away like an angel. After he cried on her shoulder for about an hour, the man eventually was exhausted enough to fall asleep. His face finally showed some peace, which relieved Hazel more than anything else.

She grabbed a light blanket from her closet since her house was pretty chilly, making her way over to him and draping it over his body.

"Pretty boy." Hazel whispered and stared at the man with with adoration, leaning down and pressing a soft kiss to his hairline, before retreating to the couch next to him. Spencer didn't move an inch, which proved to her that he was actually out

Hazel busied herself by putting on her glasses and pulling out a book. It was still 5am in the morning, and she was determined to stay up in case Spencer had a nightmare. She grabbed her coffee from the mini table, bringing the mug up to her lips—on cue she saw Spencer's nose twitch and his Adam's apple bobbing as he swallowed. She scoffed slightly, realizing he probably could smell it—the man was a coffee addict after all.

She chuckled to herself, shaking her head as she focused on the crisp pages of her book, fading into the world that the small lettered font took her to. Hazel looked up to check on Spencer every while or so. She assumed he wasn't in his deep sleep yet, meaning the nightmares were soon to come.

Part of her was terrified of finding out what had happened to Spencer, both tonight and in general. He was a man with a lot of baggage, and although Hazel knew she'd love him til the moon and back, it still made her stomach turn. She wanted answers more than anything else, though. And of course Hazel knew she had to be patient for Spencer's sake.

After another hour passed, Hazel started to notice Spencer shifting around constantly. He kicked off the blanket it at some point, his forehead slick with sweat. Hazel kept her eyes on him, making sure not to wake him up unless she was sure it was a nightmare—he'd been sleeping so well that she didn't want to interrupt it unless she had to.