36

"love is dangerous."

;

"HAZEL, YOU sure you're feeling okay?" Spencer asked, standing outside as the breeze hit his face.

"I'm fine." Hazel replied on the other end of the call, although her voice was distant and anything but affectionate.

"...your new manager's still with you?" Spencer asked.

"Of course. She's great." Hazel mumbled. She had recently hired a new manager after Chase had gotten prosecuted for assistance in murder and drug possession.

"Okay." Spencer said, still feeling guilty that he had to send her all the way home all by herself. He truly didn't know what to say, knowing that she was clearly still upset with him.

"I gotta go. Bye." Hazel said, hanging up and not letting him utter another word.

"...bye." Spencer sighed, clutching his phone and his arm going limp. He rubbed his temples as a headache settled in.

This case was beginning to affect him. After Hazel safely made her way back to D.C., five more bodies showed up in the last two days. The unsub was accelerating, and fast. It made Spencer sick to the stomach having to look at the bodies, because each and every one of the victims looked just like Hazel. He had to call her every few hours just to keep his head clear and remind himself that she was okay.

Spencer sighed exasperatedly, making his way back into the victim's home and into the bedroom where his team stood.

"He's getting more and more aggressive with each kill. But at the same time, more and more disorganized." Morgan pointed at the even deeper slashes on the woman's body.

"Yeah. He knows we're getting onto him." Spencer said, not looking at the body once.

"My question is, how'd no one see Gray Dixton enter or exit the house? There are absolutely no witnesses." Morgan said, referring to the unsub.

Hotch called Garcia, putting the woman on speaker. "Garcia, I need you to find females currently residing in Virginia Beach matching a description."

"Home of the hot blondes." Garcia said on the other end, her keyboard clicking away.

"Then why aren't you here, Penelope?" Morgan asked, teasing as the entire team rolled their eyes.

"Oh you flatter me beyond my capabilities." Garcia cooed. "Hit me with the description, sir."

Hotch listed off the physical traits of the victims, and Garcia started her tech magic.

"Also, the women should be unmarried." Spencer added. "Probably no children in the home."

"Alright. I got twenty-two girls that match." Garcia said.

"Can we lower that somehow?" JJ asked, looking at the members.

"Hey, what about jobs that give them more media exposure?" Rossi asked, making Spencer cringe at how perfect Hazel matched this unsub's type.

"There's a news reporter, a model, photographer, and a few baristas." Garcia said.

"News reporter would make the most sense if he's being hyper vigilant about the police. Constantly watching the news to make sure we're not getting too close, that kinda thing." Prentiss pointed out.