17

"the truth isn't told until a lie is caught."
;

"RYAN BECKETT easily confessed to having a child, but is claiming he didn't have anything to do with the murder. Kinsley on the other hand, pretended she hadn't even known who her son even was." Rossi said when the team was all gathered around.

"Sick bitch." Morgan muttered under his breath, and Spencer stifled an amused chuckle. "There's a reason we found the body just now. Ryan and Kinsley didn't want the police finding out about their son's death so they basically wiped him off the Earth's surface, like the kid never even existed in the first place."

"How do you live with that?" JJ asked, horrified at the couple. After having two children, the woman couldn't stand shitty parent figures, getting upset at any cases that involved them.

"And why?" Prentiss asked. "Why would they kill their son out of nowhere?"

"He was a pretty social kid. Was never home and didn't care much about his own parents, according to his old friend's." Hotch said. "We can assume Clark and his parents weren't close."

Something suddenly hit Spencer. "But Hazel is tightly closed off due to her parents, basically the exact opposite of Clark. This could be the result of the parents compensating for their failures as parents with their first child."

"If that was the case, the parents probably didn't kill Clark, but only hid his murder." Morgan said. "An external factor was added."

"I'm looking through Clark's medical records...he was on a lot of anti-depressants. The kid also had a therapist." Garcia said, eyes looking somber that she went through Clark's file.

"We'll give her a visit." Hotch said.

"If he was depressed..." Spencer said, leaning down with his palms pressed against the table in thought. "I don't think anyone shot him. I think Clark shot himself."

The team went silent, processing the idea they had just acquired from their local genius.

"...and when Kinsley and Ryan come home to their son dead, gun in his hand, their only thought was to selfishly save their reputation as saints, first." Hotch said, his stern face nodding as if to say "good job" to Spencer. "I think it's time to talk to the parents again."

The whole team agreed, most of them filing out of the room. Spencer stayed back with Garcia and Morgan to look through some extra details.

When the genius heard the two (who were never up to no good) whispering and giggling to themselves, he looked up at them with an arched eyebrow.

"Oh my god, Derek I didn't even notice." Garcia said, her eyes blown wide as she stared at Spencer.

"What's that?" He asked, suddenly feeling self conscious at their teasing.

"Pretty boy, you didn't even try to hide it." Morgan said, gesturing to his neck. "Who's the pretty girl?"

Spencer cheeks flamed bright red as he let out a few coughs to cover up the surprise in him his coworkers caused. He became a stammering mess, attempting to explain that he had burnt himself with a curling iron.

"Reid, you don't curl your hair." Morgan deadpanned.

"Y-yes I do!" He protested, pulling up his collar in front of the mirror after looking at himself and realizing how noticeable the bruise was against his pale skin. God dammit, Hazel. Spencer cursed to himself, thinking that she could've chosen any space but instead she chose the most exposed area on him.