33

ch.33:

"friends can turn into lovers. but once
lovers, you can't go back to friends."
;

"WHERE ARE we even going?" Hazel huffed in annoyance, shoving random sweaters and jeans into her suitcase as Spencer did the same—but obviously in a much neater fashion. The woman shuffled through her undergarments drawer, glancing at Spencer before not-so-discreetly grabbing her nicer undergarments for the trip. He watched Hazel with a blank face as she dropped a lacy thong near his feet—she scrambled to pick it up, madly blushing.

"So uh, what's that for?" Spencer shamelessly asked her, pointing at the piece of fabric.

"It's for my leggings so no one can see my underwear through it, dumbass." She shot back sassily, her entire face the same shade of a tomato. Spencer bit his lip cheekily and smirked a little, focusing his attention back to his suitcase.

"You're being a brat." He grumbled under his breath.

"A brat. Brat. Really? That's all you could come up with?" She asked, huffing and turning to him with her hands on her hips.

"Mhm." Spencer nodded casually, and she rolled her eyes at the man, sticking out her middle finger at him.

"So...now would be a good time to tell you I still haven't decided where we're going." Spencer mumbled, straightening up and scratching his head sheepishly as he watched her get all adorably annoyed once again. He couldn't help but grin and laugh, making Hazel flash him yet another glare.

"I think anyone can tell that this is a terrible idea. We don't know where we're going, for how long, or if we even have a place to stay!" Hazel listed on her fingers, throwing her hands up with frustration. Spencer let out another laugh, making his way up to her and sweetly wrapping his arms around her torso, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Sooo...you don't want to go with me?" He asked softly, swaying them from side to side and snuggling against the side of her neck, batting his eyelashes. Hazel glanced down at the boy, her heart jumping in her chest—it was so damn hard to act all annoyed with him, especially when he was sometimes so goddamn cute.

"Of course I want to go..." She protested stubbornly in a whining voice, sighing heavily and staring at the man.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." He shot back, and Hazel responded by rolling her eyes for what seemed to be the umpteenth time.

"One day you're gonna roll your eyes and they'll get stuck up there." Spencer shot back, and Hazel's jaw dropped, flashing him a deadpan look.

"God, you sound like my dad." She snapped at him, and Spencer laughed loudly, pressing a chaste kiss to the base of her neck before pulling away.

"If you actually want to spend time with me, stop complaining. Also, don't forget to bring your cleaning stuff for your injuries." Spencer reminded the woman, giving her a light pat on the butt.

"Now you're acting like my mom." Hazel said in a snarky tone. Of course, she was still the tiniest bit mad at him for earlier today, and was just blowing off some extra steam using her attitude.

"Shut it." Spencer mumbled under his breath.

"No, you shut it." She shot back, "and you know, I've never been outside of Virginia before, so whatever you're coming up with in that big brain of yours, it better be good."

"Ah yes, it's always good, my little brat." He shot back.