24

"i'll never let you go."
;

"FIFTY POUNDS." Hazel Beckett said, handing the briefcase to the middle-aged man. He wore a Rolex watch on his wrist and expensive-looking shoes, giving Hazel a good idea of what this man's life was made of.

The man quickly opened up the black case, mouth hanging open as he greedily marveled at the wads of cash laying inside. It disgusted her, to be frank, that someone could be so selfish.

This entire thing disgusted her.

It had been two days since her father forced her into his little drug trade. She was beyond furious, even now, although Hazel knew she didn't really have a choice but to comply to his orders.

Ryan Beckett had been making millions of dollars trading drugs of any and all kinds around the globe. Hazel had learned this new information as of two days ago, when she had been "briefed" to get ready for her first delivery. The girl still had a broken wrist from when she socked the man who grabbed her, and a couple of bruises on her body from how her father's little minions restrained her.

The whole time one question repeated over and over in her mind: What the hell was wrong with her family?

The woman had silently suffered throughout the two days, desperate to leave the sickening warehouse and go back to her regular life. She would kill to be able to throw up everyday, instead of staying inside this place. Instead of being a part in an illegal business her father was conducting.

And she had no idea this entire time. Hazel lived her life without knowing her father was a truly messed up man.

"You know I'm only giving you all extra because you're the one I get to see, right?" The druggie purred.

Hazel internally threw up, shaking her head. "Rest of the money's coming after the delivery. You know where to go." She said, her voice hard.

The woman turned on her heels, walking back into the warehouse, her guard following closely behind her in case she tried to escape. Hazel immediately marched to her father's office, the sight of the man making her burn with intense anger.

"I'm done." She said. "Let me go."

Ryan looked up at his daughter, his gaze softening. "I can't do that, Hazel."

"Why?" The woman asked, hatred in her eyes. "Dad, I have a life out there. People are going to wonder, its only going to be a matter of time before they came looking for me." She begged, too exhausted to aggressively pick a fight like all the other times.

"I'm almost there, Hazel." Ryan said, his eyes full of determination. "You're the boost my business needed."

"We already have enough money, dad!!" She protested, not understanding his nonsense. "You can stop this. Right now."

"I'm already here." He said, eyes shifting to hidden guilt, one that was shielded by the greed for power. "One week is all I need."

"I won't tell anyone." Hazel said desperately. "I swear."

Ryan Beckett's eyes hardened. "You told that agent everything about me before. You were the exact reason this process needs to be sped up, before they catch me. You did this to yourself, Hazel."

"You don't trust me?" She asked, attempting to hit a soft spot she knew her father had for her.

"Not after what you did to me." Ryan said, turning away. "Go to sleep darling."

"I hate it here." Hazel said, voice breaking. "Please let me go home. I'm begging you."

"Get out before I get the guards." He said finally, not even bothering to look up at her as the man continued writing on his papers.