25

"everything i knew and trusted was gone because of one lie."
;

WHEN THE BAU arrived, they were too late.

"Medic!!!" Spencer yelled to the surrounding officers, then quickly rushing off to the area of chaos. Him and Rossi knelt beside the limp body laying down on the concrete. The man stirred, still alive but most likely not for long. From the looks of the fresh gunshot wound in his stomach, Spencer figured they had just barely missed the attackers.

They pressed fabric into his wound to stop the bleeding, the man winced, groaning and holding his hand up slowly. He managed to choke out a few words.

"Haze...Hazel...They...took—her." The man said in a lethargic manner, making his heart drop. Spencer's eyebrows furrowed deeply in uncertainty, feeling like he was going to throw up for what felt like the umpteenth time today.

"Who?" Rossi asked. "Who took her?"

"The...dealers..." He whispered.

"Do you know what they took her in? Or where??" Spencer asked, desperation creeping up in his voice.

"White van..." The man managed to say, his head finally dropping on the pavement. His eyes fluttered closed and Spencer shakily reached up, desperately feeling his fading pulse. Soon there wasn't even a single beat.

"He's dead." Rossi said, standing up. He quickly dialed Hotch, informing the team that Hazel Beckett had been taken.

Spencer couldn't stop staring at the corpse laying in front of him, tears prickling in his eyes at the thought of some random drug dealers with their hands on Hazel Beckett. He lurched over, grabbing his stomach. Spencer stood up and ran to the side of the building, hurling his stomach contents onto the concrete.

"Reid!" Rossi called out, running over to the pale boy. "Are you alright?"

He tiredly nodded, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. Spencer looked at the aged man with begging eyes. "We-we have to find her, Rossi."

"I know, Spencer. And we will." Rossi said, patting the man in the back with worried eyes. "But we have to hurry. Who knows where they're taking her."

Spencer nodded, clenching his fists hard as he straightened himself. Rossi gave a slight nod to the boy back, the two running back to their SUV.

They turned their sirens on, tires screeching as they pulled out of the parking area. Rossi drove down the single freeway entrance in front of the abandoned building. There was only one pathway leading in and out of the place, so they could possibly catch up to their unsubs if they went fast.

"Garcia, is there a way you can look through security cameras for a white van?" Spencer asked, his voice still trembling.

"Oh my god, Reid are you alright?" The chirpy blonde woman asked, noticing the amount of distress in his tone.

"I'm fine! Please start looking through the cameras. He's on the same freeway as we are on right now." Spencer said quickly.

"Okay." Garcia said, and he relaxed slightly at the clicks of her keyboard. "I'll call you when I get something."

"Please do. Thanks." He said, hanging up. Spencer's head went limp against the back of his seat. He took in a deep breath, closing his eyes.

"Hazel Beckett was the girl you were seeing for the past weeks, isn't she?" Rossi asked, after a few moments of silence passed.

Spencer nodded, his stomach all twisted at the feeling of longing for those moments with her again. "It's so wrong, Rossi."

"A little. It's wrong that she lied to you." Rossi admitted, his index finger tapping on the steering wheel. "But it's not wrong to still care. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone either."