39

"words cannot explain this feeling.
it's magical."

;

  WAKING UP NEXT TO HAZEL WAS
one of the best feelings on Spencer's list. The first was obviously getting to told and hold her, which he also happened to be doing in that moment. It was just the two of them, cuddled up on the couch in the other's arms—Spencer was the first to wake up, and he was happy about it. He enjoyed watching the woman in such a peaceful state—it made him feel so good, knowing she slept better with him by her side.

It was safe to say that Hazel Beckett was everything to Spencer. Without her, Spencer knew he'd still be struggling more than ever with his PSTD. Something about having that someone in your life, someone who always brought you comfort—it made it so much easier to breathe.

Spencer realized that he'd always felt like that around Hazel. Much more relaxed and at ease; she brought him a feeling of safety that not even an FBI vest during a shootout could bring. She protected him, even if she wasn't even aware of it.

He never wanted to let her go. Not after what he'd witnessed, that haunting image inside of his mind of Hazel's lookalike dying right before his very eyes. And watching her now, curled up in her arms...it almost felt like she'd been revived, even when she didn't die in the first place.

Spencer felt guilty for thinking that way, for putting Hazel and death in the same thought—but it was hard not to. For a second back there, he truly believed he'd never see her again, and yet here she was. Hazel was here, and he wanted her to stay with him forever.

"I love you." He whispered to the woman, even if she was still asleep. Now that he'd said it he didn't want to ever stop telling her. Spencer sighed softly, pulling her closer to his chest and glancing over at the clock. It was still early in the morning. Spencer spotted a mug of coffee along with a book on her coffee table, and wondered how long she'd stay up before that nightmare he had. He smiled to himself, realizing she had probably stayed up to wake him from the nightmares.

Spencer swore to himself from this day on that he'd do anything for Hazel Beckett. And this week, he was going to do everything in his power to give back and make up for the pain he had probably inflicted. Because she deserved it. She deserved the whole damn world, including the various possible parallel universes and the entire solar system itself—she deserved everything.

Hazel jerked awake, her head popping up and crashing into Spencer's. This seemed to do the trick of waking the both of them up, the two utterly confused at first. She looked around, seeing her living room instead of him—that's when she realized Spencer was laying behind her, with his arms wrapped around her waist. He was being her big spoon.

She couldn't help but grin to herself because it was just so comfy like this. Her entire body was surrounded by his warmth—his shampoo scent, deodorant, and faint hints of his cologne. Hazel sighed with delight, wiggling back to get closer to him—she wanted him to hold her a little tighter, but it looked like Spencer had a different idea.

"Hazel..." Spencer whined sluggishly, shifting behind her. Hazel felt his breath hitch against her ear, his hands moving to grip her sides hard—that made Hazel immediately pause. "Hey, don't move please." He said in a strained voice.