30

"trust isn't something i'm exactly good at."

;

SPENCER WINCED, his entire body trembling as he ventured deeper into his dreams. He was back at the prison, heart racing when he heard the screech of the metal bars opening and closing. Spencer looked to his right, seeing Luis in the cell with him.

"Luis?" Spencer asked, eyes widening.

"Why didn't you save me Spencer?" The former prisoner asked, eyes swimming with hurt and pain. "This was all your fault."

"I didn't mean to." Spencer protested. "I thought it would make things better."

"You putting me inside this cell is the exact reason I was murdered!!!" Luis stood up, yelling as Spencer flinched. The curly haired man's head suddenly whipped to the cell door, it opening as Calvin Shaw stepped inside with a long and curved blade. His eyes widened when the man plunged the knife into Luis' throat, the tip of it poking out from the other side of his neck. Blood exploded everywhere, all over Spencer as he stared at the horror.

Luis' head slowly turned to Spencer, eyes wide and bloodshot as blood poured out of his mouth in a sickly manner. Spencer stood up, his knees weak as Luis yanked the knife out of his throat, plunging it inside of Spencer. He cried out, watching as the blood seeped through his jumpsuit in horror.

"NO!!" Spencer jolted awake, panting heavily as he frantically looked around, raking in his surroundings. Relief washed over him, recognizing the room almost immediately. He was at Hazel's home. Not there.

"Spencer?! Spencer!" Hazel called out alarmingly, her hands clinging onto his shoulders as she shook him.

His mouth hung open as he let out heavy breaths, and Spencer shut it, swallowing through his dry throat. He was sweating buckets, and reached up to dab away the condensation that had formed on his hairline.

"What happened?" Hazel asked, eyes wide with concern as his heart immediately stopped racing at the sight of her there with him.

"It-it was a nightmare..." Spencer croaked out through a raspy voice, looking at her with upset eyes. "Sorry."

Hazel shook her head. "I've never seen you do that." She said. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Sorry." He said again, his head feeling light recalling the nightmare he vividly remembered. Even now, guilt was seeping through Spencer, and he hated the feeling more than anything else.

Hazel pulled him back down on the bed, his head resting on the damp pillow. Spencer exhaled slowly, taking deep breaths to calm himself down. She noticed the amount of distress in him and reached up to comb his fingers through his unruly hair. Relaxation washed over Spencer at her touch.

"What...was it about?" Hazel asked him.

Spencer chewed on his lip, avoiding eye contact as he continued to stare up at the ceiling. "I don't want to talk about it." He muttered truthfully, not wanting to tell Hazel about his prison experience just yet. "Sorry."

Course he didn't. "It's fine." Hazel said with hidden disappointment, sighing as she looked at his side profile, watching as sweat dripped down his temple. "I'm just glad you're back." She murmured, reaching over and wiping it with her sleeve.

"Me too." He said, although it was distant. Spencer sat up, wiping the sweat off his neck. He turned to Hazel, his lips pursed and eyebrows furrowed. "Would you be uncomfortable if I took my shirt off? It's really hot..."