40

"life is so fun with you in it."

;

"HONESTLY TALKING here,
I'm kinda glad I got kidnapped because this break was exactly what I needed." Hazel said cheerfully, happily licking her ice cream as she walked down the pier with Spencer by her side. After having lunch (which was just some takeout), Spencer drove them to the nearest beach, since Hazel had insisted on working on her tan. The only thing was that the nearest beach turned out to be a two hour long trip, leaving Spencer absolutely exhausted. Although he didn't care much, because as long as Hazel was happy, he was.

"Don't say that. You got hurt..." Spencer murmured distractedly, captivated by her lips that wrapped around the vanilla ice cream, her cheeks hollow as she lightly sucked on the cone. His eyes slowly widened when she finished the act by running her pink tongue over the white cream lingering around her mouth—his mind immediately went to the wrong place, but he couldn't help it. Spencer practically drooled at how sexy she was, but then quickly snapped out of it, his arm shooting up to wipe his mouth with the back of his hand. What the hell was he thinking?

"Whateverrr." Hazel mumbled, glancing over at him and raising her eyebrow when she saw his red face. "You okay?"

"Mhm. Fine. Totally fine." Spencer squeaked out and diverted his eyes from her entire face, looking at the sight in front of him.

"Ah. Do you want some?" Hazel asked, offering him her ice cream, thinking that Spencer was drooling over it, instead of her.

"I'm good, unless I want to painfully defecate later." He responded, making her confusion deepen—she dismissed it nonetheless, shrugging to herself.

"As long as it's not in my bathroom." Hazel responded with a smirk. She leaned over, resting her head on his shoulder while staring up at the man. "Are you gonna tan with me?" She cooed, trying to coerce him into it because he refused to when she asked him in the car.

"Tan?" Spencer asked and rolled his eyes at her. "You mean, form melanocytes that gradually develop into basal cell carcinoma, otherwise known as skin cancer? No thanks."

Hazel frowned and huffed in response. "I love it when you go smarty-pants on me and all, but this time, I don't care and I'm making you tan with me." She said sassily. "We'll be fine."

"You can never under-precaution." Spencer said with a pout, turning his head to glance down at her with a soft look in his eyes. "I don't want you to get burned."

"Thank you for your concern babe, but we're going to tan and be hottest couple out here, alright? Great." Hazel responded with a playful smirk, standing up and yanking Spencer up by his arm.

He whined and rolled his eyes, finally giving in and walking with the woman, his hand in hers. Spencer couldn't help but marvel at Hazel, completely overtaken with love—her beauty never failed to leave him in complete awe. And right now, her bright eyes and excited grin made him feel like he could do anything.

The couple settled onto the sand with a few towels underneath them. Spencer stripped of his shirt, leaving him in his swimming trunks as he laid down on the towels, watching Hazel closely.

Hazel saw the man admiring her and looked back at him, her eyes narrowing. "Close your eyes." She said, making his eyebrows furrow.