6

"i needed someone, you know?"
;

THE MEMBERS of the Behavioral Analysis Unit prepped themselves to interrogate Hazel Beckett. They sat around the conference table, as Garcia pulled up information about the wealthy family.

"Ryan Beckett. 51. CEO of the CyberTruck by Samson Cooperation." Garcia said, pulling up the mans photo. "Kinsley Beckett. 46. Actress and model."

"Oh, she's from that one movie—Sex In The City, it's called?" Rossi said, tapping his finger on the side of his temple in genius. The room went silent and his team members flashed him judging looks.

"I...am not even going to ask." Garcia said, quickly pressing another button on her remote. "Hazel Beckett. 26. The only daughter of Ryan and Kinsley. Hazel has been home-schooled from the womb. She's a very sheltered child."

"Any interesting family drama within the Becketts?" Prentiss asked, running her fingers through her own raven hair.

"Not any that are out in the open. I will do some digging though, rich families like these usually have some hidden dirt." Garcia said, continuing with the briefing. "Lastly, Ferris Wilson. Butler of the Beckett family. According to work records, they seemed to have paid Wilson a lot for his duties, and he has been with the family ever since Hazel was 3 years old."

"Why would Hazel murder Wilson, if he was with her for her entire childhood? They must've been very close." JJ said bluntly, making Spencer flinch slightly at the thought of Hazel being the unsub.

"He could've been doing something behind the family's back. Maybe she caught him stealing money." Morgan said, shrugging his shoulders. "That would be a motive."

Spencer bit back the urge to tell him that the girl was capable of no such thing. But then again, Spencer had already realized several moments before, that he knew nothing about Hazel Beckett.

"This family has a lot of connections to many others—the father is close friends with the creator of the advanced windows technology by JF cooperations, a competitor of his own company. Kinsley also was close to many important people. Hazel had a private tutor that came over quite often."

"We're going to need to question all of those people, to see if they know anything about the family." Hotch said, as Garcia nodded.

"Prentiss and Morgan, you two go in and question Hazel. Reid, you observe her in case she lies about anything." The man ordered, receiving nods from all the team members.

"JJ go question the father. Dave and I will work with Garcia for more background information." The stern man said, before the team quickly filed out of the room to do their respected tasks.

Spencer entered the observation room, eyes scanning Hazel who was already sitting down inside the interrogation room. Her hands trembled and her teeth chattered, indicating that the poor girl was freezing. Spencer went over to the thermostat and turned the temperature up so that it was warmer.

Leaving the interrogation room cold was a technique to heighten the suspects suggestibility, but Spencer didn't want her to suffer.

Plus, she wasn't going to lie, Spencer told himself. And he would know if she did. He had picked up on her tells in the time they've spent together, quite easily.

The man relaxed a little when Hazel stopped shivering, an expression of calm running over her pretty features.

Although, that feeling was left in vain when Morgan and Prentiss entered the room, loudly shutting the door behind them. Spencer saw Hazel's eyes dart up, almost in a crazed manner, at the two agents. He wiped his sweaty palms on his trousers, feeling nauseated at this entire situation.