23

Jungkook kneeled beside Taehyung and checked his pulse. "He's dead! Fuck! He's dead!" He panicked. "We need to clear the fingerprints." Yoongi grabbed the gun and cleaned it with his shirt. "Wait!" Seokjin stopped him from picking up the knife. "We need to make this look like a suicide." "The knife might have Jimin's prints on it." Jungkook pointed out tensely. "Yes. We can tell the police that Jimin stabbed him in self defence and Taehyung shot himself. We found him dead when we came looking for Jimin." Seokjin explained. What will I tell Miso? Jungkook leaned against the wall sadly.

Seokjin made the call while Yoongi carefully placed the gun in Taehyung's hand. "..I'll explain in detail when you get here. I'm sending you the location." Seokjin cut the call and turned towards Jungkook. "You both, go look for Jimin. I'll explain everything to Detective Namjoon."

*

To his surprise, Jimin found the apartment unlocked. "Yoongi? Yoongi?" He called out only to find himself alone. He threw himself on his bed, took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He was suddenly reminded of the white satin sheets that he slept on with Taehyung. His heart felt jumpy as he imagined him chasing after him. "Jimin!" A soft but sad voice jolted him back to reality. Jimin sat up quickly to find Jungkook standing at the door. "Jungkook!" He jumped off the bed and hugged him tightly. Jungkook wrapped his arms around Jimin's fragile body. "I missed you so much." He whispered. "I missed you more." They stood still, savouring the moment until Jimin noticed Yoongi. He let go of Jungkook and hugged him too. "Yoongi... I missed you." Filled with guilt and sadness, he hugged him back and said. "I missed you too, Chim."

"Wait, how did you guys find me? I was with Taehyung, he kept me away... sorry I couldn't contact you..." Jimin spoke worriedly. "I know.. Jungkook told me everything and we searched for you until we finally found out where Taehyung was. But tell me, how did you escape?" "It was difficult... he wouldn't let me go. But I... I stabbed him. I was so scared that he'd kill me. I just wanted to come back to you guys. How did you find him? Where is he? Did you tell the police?" Yoongi and Jungkook exchanged glances. "Yes we told the police. But you'll have to give a statement too." Jungkook said. "He won't be coming after you, Jimin. He's... dead." Yoongi said. "What? How? Did I kill him?" Jimin's heart started beating faster. "No, I did. He wouldn't shut up. I couldn't take it so I pulled the trigger." Yoongi ran his fingers through his hair. Jimin stood stunned, unable to move. "You... didn't have to.. Where'd you... get a gun?" "It was Seokjin's. But don't worry. He's going to tell the police that you stabbed him in self defence and he later shot himself. You'll just have to explain to them that he kept you there against your will." Yoongi explained, trying to stay strong for Jimin.

Jimin was relieved to know that Taehyung would no longer interfere in his life but scared to lie. But he had to defend his only best friend. "Okay. And thanks Yoongi, for standing up for me. You too Jungkook. It was you right who punched Taehyung? He came with bruises on his face that night." He smiled at Jungkook. "Jungkook, bring Jimin to the station. The detective needs his statement. I didn't mention Yoongi so he was never there." Seokjin spoke through the phone. "Okay, we'll be there in a bit." Jungkook replied. "C'mon Jimin, we need to go to the station. You stay here Yoongi, he didn't mention you." As they left, Yoongi sat on his bed, happy to finally have his friend back but guilty of the blood on his hands*.

______________________________________________

*used as a metaphor not literal meaning.