Chapter 7: Dawn

February 8, 2019
1:00 am

The day seemed to drag on longer than what it seems.

Right when (Y/N) arrived her apartment after all of that stupid crap she had to deal with Taehyung, the female had to catch up on work by creating a five page essay, front and back, on how the human anatomy works without leaving a single detail behind.

It was around 4:00 or 5:00 pm when she finished that assignment before going to sleep and waking up at 9:00 pm to get ready for The Hostess.

It takes her two hours to get ready because of all the standards she must uphold— make sure your makeup looks perfect, not too cakey or over the top, make it like you naturally look like that; for the dress... "you're not a stripper nor a prostitute" that's what the girls in her profession says... dress modestly but leave a little bit of your skin to stimulate the man's imagination to keep him wanting for more.

Sometimes (Y/N) had to starve herself to be skinny.

(Y/N) never had fast metabolism, she always has to watch what she eats or she'll gain weight faster than she looses it.

Being skinny is not an option in The Hostess and that's the harsh reality. Men wants porcelain white dolls they could play with whenever they want, but at least The Hostess doesn't allow touching right?

Right?

Wrong.

Rules are always meant to be broken.

It's just there to make it look like The Hostess is a good place where it seems like a normal transaction of emotions between a man or a woman, but that's not how it works around here. (Y/N) can control her customers, but unlike many unfortunate hostesses who don't have the guts to say no, they let whatever their customer wants to do (like kissing, subtle touching on private areas and in the worst case: oral intercourse)— yet sex... that's like a cursed word.

No sex between customers.

If you do, you're fired.

You're always going to get caught, even if you think you've gotten away. The monthly inspection is where the girls of the Hostess comes to take a test for their private area, checking if done it with a man or not. If the girl is a virgin, it makes the customer want to do it more with you, you're like a prized wagyu beef who's ready to be sold to the highest bidder.

It was just past 12:00 am when (Y/N) arrived the Hostess; she called in late because of her twisted ankle and luckily, the management let her off the hook.

Right as (Y/N) enters the building, Chungha is clutching her stomach in a painful manner, when she looked at (Y/N), her eyes were bloodshot red as if she was crying. The blonde tries to keep her breathing in a steady pace, but she couldn't— tears keeps on falling as she hasten her speed to get out of the building. Tension grew in her face and limbs, her mind replaying what happened in last couple of minutes.

"Chungha... Chungha wait! Where are you going!?" (Y/N) chases after her friend, but another of her coworker, Hyuna, grabbed her left wrist, mouthing her the word "no".

Hyuna pulls (Y/N) into one of the employee's rooms.

"Just let her be. She got scared... there's a customer who was trying to touch her and he's just gotten too far," Hyuna explains as she sighs. The red headed girl pulls down her dress, fixing herself to seem more dominant towards (Y/N). "Chungha has been here longer than you, but she never seemed to get a grip. I'm worried for her that she's going to be like this every single night (Y/N). Stop trying to help her. You're not doing anything beneficial towards her... the only thing that you're doing is making her weaker, (Y/N)."