Chapter 25: Lunch Meal

⚠️ sexual scenes up ahead

February 20, 2019
11:00 a.m

"I really don't understand this," Jimin scratches his head as he looks at (Y/N)'s assignments from her university.

Since (Y/N) had been gone for well over a week, her professors decided to email her work so she wouldn't fall behind her classes. To make the matters "better" for the girl, she needed something to distract her mind from the chaos and all of this work seemed perfect... along with a little puppy trailing behind her: "Jay Park".

(Y/N) smiles softly at his pouted face as he attempts to understand the words. Jimin was never a bright child, he was always getting into trouble, skipping school, and never properly learned to understand simple concepts. Now that he's looking at (Y/N)'s careful evaluations of psychology about how a human being is a total of four things: affect, behavior, biology, and cognition— he suddenly became interested. His eyebrows rose in interests, index finger tracing the print of her handwriting, reading carefully.

"What's cognitive dissonance?" He asked, eyes glowing with wonder.

"Well," (Y/N) started. "It's when two or more of your thoughts become in conflict with each other, creating a clash inside of your head from the combination of two incompatible elements."

"I don't get it."

(Y/N) chuckles, enjoying his child-like wonder of wanting to know about everything. "Think of this... You say liars are bad people, but you yourself just lied, that's what cognitive dissonance is, one thought is an opposite of another thought; this happens 24/7 and it's how our brain resolve it are the choices we make in our lives and it can happen unconsciously without our knowledge. But if you want to go deeper, I think of this topic as a way to say that we humans don't have free will..."

Jimin leans in as her explanation grew roots deep within his brain. The more he tries to understand, the more his brain becomes a spinning top, always finding more questions than answers.

"If... if cognitive dissonance controls our brains and free will doesn't exists... then.. it's safe to say that the reason we do things is beyond our control," (Y/N) smiles smugly. "You can't stop what you want to do, but other people can stop you. You can control their brain, you can fluster them, you can tap your fingers on the table, distracting them with thoughts as you keep on talking, keep on feeding them words as they're distracted by that noise."

"Wow..." Jimin's mouth fell wide. "So is it like hypnosis?"

"Yes and no, Jay..." She closes her binder than held most of research and placed them back to her bag.

"Aww I wanted to learn more!"

"Then go to my university and learn with me."

"Right..." Jimin slumps down his chair. He was just getting so interested in this topic and with (Y/N) teaching... he indulged her words as if they were his last meal before he died. Teachers bore him, that's why he didn't learn anything, and that's why he depended on his looks to make a living... somehow... in some way. But when (Y/N) opens her mouth, saying words that he could barely comprehend, drew him in like a fly looking at a bright light, his ears and eyes wide open to gain knowledge.

"Anyways... It's almost lunch, wanna eat anything?" She asks standing up to go to her kitchen and prep meals.

"Yeah, you."

(Y/N) lurches forward in surprise, choking on her own saliva.

"Did I just hear you right?" (Y/N) laughs, taking his response as a joke yet as time went on, she saw seriousness in his expression. "Oh god you're not kidding."