Chapter 40: Hate

"I'm stuck with all of the choices I made and the chances I was too afraid to make."

—Unknown

.
.
.

Jung Hoseok.

(Y/N) cast her eyes on Hoseok's wearied figure leaning against the side of the Hostess entrance, hands tucked inside his pockets as his attention remained at the ground he stands on. When (Y/N) saw him, he was biting his lips, feet bouncing up and down from his obvious anxiety, and from the rhythm of his chest, he was breathing faster than normal. Just catching a glimpse of him made (Y/N)'s hands subconsciously ball into a tight fist to refrain herself from jumping and throwing hands at him.

(Y/N) doesn't know why she didn't kick him out or leave him out in the cold to freeze; more importantly, allow herself to give him a fraction of her time when all he'd done was hurt and betray her.

Thinking about all of those wonderful times they've spent together... it was all lies. Lies that he made up so he could control her to get his sister back.

Well what is he doing here now?!?

(Y/N) got his sister back for him! She did the thing he couldn't do for years so why is he here?!

Hate and enmity welled up in her heart, fury itself burning her up as the memory of her hand touching his warm cheeks, staring at his bright orange eyes which looked like the sun itself had once given her butterflies in her stomach.

She never said anything about it, never even thought of it, but at the back of her mind, when she looked at Hoseok's bright smile, she was in shock as she felt like she was falling into the depths of his eyes. When she was with him, her perception of time distorted, everything slowed down until there was nothing, only her and Hoseok, talking, laughing, smiling in Magic Shop after a long and hard day either at the university or at the Hostess.

He was the first to provide her warmth, but the first to show her the real bitterness of betrayal.

He swallowed her whole when he drugged her, throwing everything that they've built together. He threw (Y/N) away, he threw her feelings away. She kept it hidden inside of her as the fear of what happened between her and Seokjin would happen again, and it did, but this time worse. He was there when she reached her hands out for help. And when he let go of her hands, everything was a blur that swirled out of existence.

"Why are you here?" She kept her question short and tone flat.

Hoseok turns his head, eyes meeting hers after a couple of days which felt like years to him.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry."

"Save it," she spat.

She moves her body back to the direction of the entrance, but a hand caught her wrist, flipping her back around.

"Let. Me. Go."

"I'm afraid I can't," he says with a shaky and breathy voice.

"And why the fuck not? Do you want me to control you again?! Because that's how I can only go through you apparently..." (Y/N) was beginning to hyperventilate under his grasps as tears dared to spill forth like a broken damn to show her left-over vulnerability towards him. "Should I make you kneel down on the floor with your hands up? You know I can, but I'm choosing not too since I have my morals to never use mind-control, whatever you can call it, unless I really have too."