Chapter 18: Real or Not Real

(A/N) long chapter :)

"You look like a mess," (Y/N) heaves a chuckle as she approaches Jimin. On her hands, she holds a warm damped cloth to apply to his swollen bruise.

"Well that's another way to say thank you for me defending you when that fucker was running his mouth."

She smiled at Jimin's commentary about Taehyung. Her hands worked around Jimin's swollen cheeks, damping it from time to time. When the (h/c) headed girl applied pressure against his injury, Jimin flinched backwards, groaning from the stinging pain.

"Does it look bad?" He asked, his eyebrows cocking upwards.

To be honest, it does. It looks really bad.

"No," she responded and continued her work by damping the white cloth to his cheeks.

"If your face gets closer to mine I won't hesitate to kiss you," Jimin smirks as (Y/N) was just inches away from his lips.

(Y/N) blinked. She didn't realize that she was that close to him when she was inspecting and treating his bruise. (Y/N) leans back as she felt a rush of blood, staining her cheeks red, but the power of good foundation and concealer sealed her embarrassed statue.

(Y/N) bit her lower lip as her eyes stayed glued to the ground. She prepared herself to take her leave, but the young boy grabbed her wrists, begging for her to stay.

"I- I was joking," he attempts to erase his previous remark to soften the aura around them.

"Then that wasn't a very good joke then."

Looking at him... (Y/N) has this compulsion to avert herself from the boy, but both being employed in the Hostess, the couple were bound too see one another, especially since they have the same shifts. Everywhere (Y/N) goes, "Jay" is standing there, doing his work while "Jimin" is slacking off on the sidelines...

"Look..." Jimin proceeded to advance towards (Y/N), stopping when they're at a feet distance. "You might not know me well... but I'm really trying— (Y/N) I have to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"My... my n—" Jimin paused. If he'd rehearsed his confession once, he'd rehearse it a thousand more times and he knew that it had to end. He won't mess up again by letting the whole charade of lies he'd built since day one he'd met (Y/N) grow... but now that the blue headed boy is front of (Y/N), his mouth had gone dry and his heart was beating more forcefully than it usual did.

"Your what? Come on, spill it out."

"My— my feelings," Jimin felt himself sinking again from his failed confession.

"Your feelings...? Whatta bout them?"

"You know what, never mind. I apologize for my runny mouth, I sometimes act on impulse. I say things first without thinking and it's a problem of mine," the boy disclosed, sighing. "I can definitely tell that your friend earlier had the same problem, but worse— far worse in fact. I can't believe he has the balls to say all of that mean sh— crap to you."

"Well let's get that clear, he's not my friend. Second, I really appreciate what you did back there so I'm simply saying... thank you Jay Park."

A frown painted Jimin's face. His eyes squeezed closed, his muscles contorting; he had never experienced so much pain in his life till (Y/N) said another man's name when saying something so sincere, Jimin couldn't help but to hate himself for lying to her. Even if it's just one lie, those two simple words, saying that his name was "Jay Park", was and still is the biggest mistake he'd ever done because he might not have the will to tell (Y/N) the truth when she's already succumb his words.