Chapter 42: Connecting The Dots

⚠️sexual scenes

3 Weeks Later

Zero o'clock.

Midnight.

The time trickles by, marked only by those changing hands on the clock, ticking as every second passes. Zero o'clock morphs into one and then two. Her mind is blank; where there should be dreams filling her mind while in a state of unconsciousness to let her body repair itself.

Her wide eyes flickers to the cupboard and the sleeping pills she snuck out from the pharmacy she worked in as a part-time intern (a mandatory activity for one of her classes) long before all this. She didn't want pills, she didn't want anymore chemicals entering her body, but she needed more.

She couldn't sleep.

It all started the day she tortured that man; she would wake up tired and awake when about to go to sleep.

There was no progress... no clue to whoever the fucking Boogeyman was and because of that, sleep became nonexistent.

The investigation department wouldn't even let her see Chungha's dead body in belief that no young "woman" should see a gruesome murder; their frail masculinity was in denial that a woman could handle gore— oh if they only knew... it took every ounce of her patience to stay calm for not letting her see Chungha one last time.

Her anger, paranoia, and unstable mind wasn't getting better either.

Everywhere, she constantly turn her head on the slightest corners, afraid of what could come out of them; she imagines monsters advancing on her, it's physique hardly discernible in the shadowy twilight of those corners. With each slow movement that belied the speed the ghastly monster was capable of, slime mixed with blood dripped, oozing great globe of mucus. It was sticky, rancid and toxic to touch, like venom. When it reaches out one of its hand, fingers were missing, bite marks all over it, and behind its head was its skin cracked open while most of its limbs were mutilated, pieces no where to be found.

(Y/N) could see holding its arms out, calling her name with its horrendous voice, as if it was crying out for her, but instead of running from it... she became paralyzed, her mouth sewn shut to let the monster take her mind until someone snaps her off her hallucinative state.

Right when her hands were about to touch the bottle of sleeping pills she dreaded to take, she felt a body shift on the bed she rest. (Y/N) sighed, retreating her hands back and laid still.

"(Y/N)? Why aren't you sleeping yet?"

Taehyung calls her smoothly, the baritone of his voice reverberating through (Y/N)'s bones as he slides a strong arm over her shoulders and plunged her into deep embraced from the back. The low rumble of his voice sounded comforting to the point it could lull her to sleep. He moves her hair out of the way so he could pepper her neck with butterfly kisses. Humming in satisfaction when his lips touched her back, he embraced her tighter to catch q whiff of her addicting scent.

"I couldn't sleep..."

"Again?" He asks a lot clearer.

"Yeah... I'm still thinking—"

"About the killer," he finished her sentence, groaning out loud while squinting his eyes to chase away his drowsiness.