Chapter 33: Hanging By A Thread

"You Either Die A Hero, Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain"

—Harvey Dent (The Dark Night)

February 21, 2019
12:00 am

'No phone. No wallet. No bus pass. And I'm stuck in the middle of... of... heck I don't even know where I am!!'

(Y/N) has been walking for hours, looking for an indication of human life that could help her navigate through the signless streets that's incompetently lit by flickering street lamps. She lived in Seoul for many years, yes, but she never had time to venture and familiarized herself with every square inch of this bustling city and walking without her essential needs is definitely not the way she planned on doing so.

"Yeontan! Let's go, it's time to leave!"

'Yeontan?'

(Y/N) took her sweet time to process the words, as if what she had heard was just a figment of her maddening imagination. But as the distinctive voice called out for their animal's name again, a rush of blood began suffusing throughout her body.

'Taehyung— Taehyung is here!'

The female could hear the clicking of Taehyung's tongue, making smooching sounds to attract Yeontan back to his arms. (Y/N) limped to his direction, heart beating fast from the thought of going back home where her comfy bed is ready to swaddle her fatigue stature... yet out of nowhere, (Y/N) felt a gut wrenching sensation that sent chills soaring down her spine as wells as each strand of her hair to stand. A series of nausea washed over her head, ceasing the girl to stand frozen with no intent of progressing towards Taehyung.

She almost forgot.

Yesterday.... she confronted Hoseok about him drugging her, stumbled upon "Jay Park" who in reality was the real "Park Jimin" and did questionable yet pleasurable things with him, remembered and deciphered that Taehyung was the man who fundamentally hired a hitman (which turned out to be Namjoon) to dispose of his ex girlfriend. The thought of Taehyung being the perpetrator of Jiwoo's tribulation made (Y/N)'s face crunch in disgust from the fact that he could be so caring then monstrous right after.

A waft of qualms clawed at (Y/N)'s throat as her empty stomach kept on contracting violently, as if it was trying to throw something out that isn't there. (Y/N) lurched forward from the thought of having an intimate moment with Namjoon that wasn't well deserved. 'What's done is done,' has always been her motto; it gives her the reminder that she can't go back to the past to fix her mistakes and failures. (Y/N) saved a human being, squared up to a drug personnel, a master of the Devil's Contract, a liar who didn't had the audacity to tell her his real name, and a man who is held hostage in their own mind while his alter personality crazes for the female—and that ladies and gentlemen... happened in one day.

One fucking day.

It's like missing a day in highschool all over again. The moment you're gone, your best friend is pregnant, a jul party took place in the men's bathroom, a teacher got fired, and a fight occurred... with the lunch ladies as they used pots and pans as weapons.

All of her bravado, countless conversations with Chungha that proved (Y/N) was the one in control, had all the plans in the world to get her things in her own way. Everything from the way she held herself, to the way she spoke, to that look of unassailable confidence in her eyes that said she could do it, she could face whatever the heavens threw to her.