TWO

Monique's POV

Alvertos and I are on the carriage we drove towards town and now driving back to the castle. Another carriage would fetch Mother and Father after they greet and give the towns people their blessings.

I looked outside the window the whole ride back. Alvertos keeps on giving me looks I really find dirty. And did I mention he tried so hard to flirt with me?

"Why, you look stunning in your dress, my love," I never rolled my eyes so hard. I gave him a fake smile. "I know that. No need to tell me, princey." He gave me a look before grabbing my arm harshly.

"You misbehave towards me and your parents will eventually know. I have eyes everywhere, Monique. One wrong move and you're in the dungeon." I pulled back my arm, scowling at him.

"I prefer to be in the dungeon than to stay with an ass like you." He gave me a glare but his eyebrows softened. "Oh, so good with your words yet you can't do anything."

My heart pounded. He was right. But if I dare try to run away, I have nowhere to go to. There are guards everywhere. I should start monitoring the gates.

He twirled his fingers on my chin. "Besides, I'm gonna have so much fun tonight playing with you." I smacked his hand away and he gave out an awful laughter.

The carriage arrived in front of the palace and he went off first. He motioned his hand so I can hold it but I pushed him hard to the side and carried my gown. I plodded towards the castle's entrance and whistled.

"Miss!" Rosella immediately ran towards me. "You know you're not allowed to whistle! Calling a maid must be done with a hand clap." I rolled my eyes. "I know, but Mother and Father are not here so what's the point? A whistle is much more convenient than a hand clap,"

She sighed and nodded. "Anyway, make me change into a lighter skirt. Now." I snapped and she fled to my room to go get a dress. "Feisty, aren't we?" I didnt mind Alvertos and waited for Rosella.

I felt Alvertos pull me towards him. I just groaned. I can't stand his cockiness. Rosella finally went down with my favorite skirt. The only thing to be taken down was my gown since it was not connected to the upper part.

Luciana untied the back part and removed the gown. She growled at Alvertos to turn his back on us as I changed into my skirt. I sighed and looked at Rosella. "What am I supposed to do with him?" I asked, pointing at Alvertos.

"Tea in the west balcony." She squeaked. I sighed and nodded. "Bring tea and bread. I'm just going to have milk, thank you." She quickly bowed and together with Luciana, they rushed to the kitchen to take what I ordered.

"Come on." I told Alvertos and walked towards the said balcony. "Hmm, you changed your approach towards me." I looked at him. "I'm not in the mood to fight."

He just shrugged. Alvertos sure is handsome but he's way too over himself that it's too much. We arrived later on and settled down our own chairs. Their castle glistened under the heat of the sun, thousands of feet away from our palace.

"Surprising how we can see your place from here." I said, folding my legs. Alvertos sighed. "Yep," He turned to me. "It's so strange. You seem so friendly." I glared at him. "You want me to throw you off?"

"Oh, I know you can't, princess." As he said that, Rosella and Luciana appeared with a porcelain set of tea pot, cups, and tray. Luciana place the tray down while Rosella did the same with the bread.

They bowed then left. I took my cup and sipped on it. "What are we going to talk about? You know my parents' plans more than I do so care to share?" I asked.

Alvertos sighed. "They're planning our marriage." I almost spat the milk I drank. Yes, it's milk. I placed the cup down and looked at him. "What?" I choked and punched my chest to regain my breath.

He nodded. "I know you heard that right, Monique," He looked at me from staring at the view. "Preparations are in as we speak." He added, sipping his tea again.

I looked ridiculously at him. "And you are fine with that?" He smirked widely and looked at me from head to toe. "Well," He placed his cup down and looked at me, biting off a loaf of bread. "I don't mind having you as my wife."

I rolled my eyes. "You don't mind. I do." He just chuckled. "You're always playing hard to get, Monique. Alright, starting from now on, I'll go easy on you." He smirked even wider.

"I absolutely cannot believe you all." I groaned and rested my back on the chair. Alvertos suddenly stood up and walked towards me.

I hate all of them. My Mother, Father, Alvertos. I'm so sick of this stupid life.

I stayed frozen in my place as Alvertos leaned down to kiss my cheek. He grabbed my chin, making me look at him in the eyes. "That's right, princess. You better behave now, especially later."

I moved my face away from his touch. He chuckled before walking away. Tears starts to form in my eyes but I immediately wiped them away.

"Princess," I looked behind me and stood up when I saw my swordsmanship teacher, Mark. I stood at full attention. "Sir," I bowed and he did, too "Is there any classes today?"

He sighed and ruffled his hair. Mark is only the same age as me and although I am a princess, I respect him more than my parents. I'm not allowed to take this lesson but I did anyways.

"Unfortunately, no. You're going to have dinner with your parents tonight and with that Alvertos, so you need to prepare." He was gonna turn away but I grabbed his arm. "Sir, I'm getting married."

He looked strangely at me. "And what do I have to do with that?" I sighed. "Do our classes still continue if I get married to that ass?" He smiled at me.

"You're going to let that guy marry you just like that?" I stared curiously at him. "I thought you want to escape this hell hole." My eyes widened.

"Sir--"

"Yes, it is what you think it is, princess," He softly pulled me towards him and whispered in my ear. "We're going to plan your escape."

•••