SIX

Monique's POV

I woke up early, maybe four o'clock in the morning, and read Little Red Riding Hood. It was a popular story within Crescent but in other kingdoms, they burned all its books.

Maybe they're scared of the Big Bad Wolf that they won't let their children read them. I was in the part where Little Red is going to knock on her grandmother's door when my own made a sound.

"Come in." The door opened, revealing Luciana and Rosella. "Princess, you are going to town for today, just like what King Axl told you so." I nodded and placed the book in its place in my shelf, between Thumbelina and Sleeping Beauty.

I did my morning routine such as showering, dressing up (thankfully no corset for today) and make-up. I told Luciana to have my hair down since the weather was cloudy.

Rosella will accompany me to my travel alongside Jisung. I was so happy to see him and almost hugged him in front of Ro. We made our way down and we have to get a check point in the throne room with Mother and Father.

Jisung and Rosella stayed in the throne room's doorway while I walked alone inside. My parents were there, discussing with their advisors about the incoming party for the Royal Knights.

I let my shoe heel make a sound on the floor so I can get their attention. The advisors first turned, bowing and next was my parents. They smiled, pretending to be happy to see their daughter.

"Oh, Diamonique, come!" Father said in a fake fatherly voice. I instantly smiled and did as I was told to. "Good morning, Father and Mother!" I greeted them with a forced cheerful voice.

The advisors gawked at us as Mother kissed both of my cheeks. "How lovely do you look, my dear! You are very much ready to go and greet the towns people." I fanned myself. "Oh, Mother, why. My beauty does come from you."

The advisors let out hearty chuckles upon my fake compliment. To be very honest, my mother looks like the Duchess Alice have encountered in Wonderland; ugly and hideous, only that the Duchess was more kinder. My mother never have Good in her blood. She might have taken Uglification classes.

"You flatter me too much, dear! Do go now, off you go. I am sure the towns people are now waiting for their princess." I smiled at her and I want to grab her eyes off of her eye sockets right here, right now.

I bowed slightly. "Will do, Mother. Take care, both of you and Father. I shall see you this evening!" I said and went off the steps. As I was walking away, I heard the advisors talking.

"Such wonderful, young lady! Crescent will have a glorious future with that princess."

"I must agree. The King and Queen have thought her very well."

"And very humorous, to add it up! She does not have beauty but also have such knowledge."

The second was wrong.

My parents thought me to lie, but my feelings for the towns people were sincere rather than to my mother and father. Though if I hadn't been grown in an austere surrounding and be an ass, then the towns people wouldn't love me.

I lose my crown and I would be a goner. But my happiness matters more.

Rosella and Jisung tailed me to the carriage. He opened the door for me and I went in with Rosella. He followed, closed the door and the carriage drove away.

I heaved a heavy sigh when we were far enough from the castle. "While we're on the way there, is Mark going to be busy with the planning of the celebration?" I asked Jisung.

Jisung looked hesitant to answer, glancing at Rosella if she should know. "Don't worry, I won't tell a soul." She said, assuring Jisung. He sighed. "Yeah. Promised to teach me swordsmanship but the celebration is next week. I might learn it with you gone."

I nodded along. "Probably." He pouted. "What if we don't see each other again, princess? I want you to see me be the Head Knight after Mark. Or the greatest knight!" I chuckled. "I will see you in that Head Knight Sword one day, Jisung."

He raised his pinky. "Promise me, princess." I smiled and wrapped my pinky with his. "I promise." I turned to Rosella. "Do you swear in my crown--"

"I promise, princess." She said, bowing her head. I smiled and patted her shoulder. "Thank you, Rosella." She just smiled back before announcing we are almost in town.

I pushed my head out of the window and greeted the people I passed by, waving or tossing flowers towards the carriage. "Good morning, everyone!" I greeted.

The carriage stopped in the town's square. Jisung went off first and helped me off, also Rosella. He closed the door and the towns people started flooding in to me.

Jisung took his sword and drew an invisible line on the platform. "Boundaries." He said, loud enough for all the people to hear. Of course, they were forced to be behind the line Jisung has traced. I was the one to walk towards them, giving blessings to their children and shaking their hands.

"What's next?" I asked Rosella after kissing an adorable kid's cheek. Her maid smirked. "You're gonna love the next schedule, princess," I raised a brow at her. "We're going to check new books in the town library. Books freshly delivered from the Snow Kingdom."

"Then what are waiting for?" I said and immediately ran off the steps, Jisung and Rosella chasing behind. I greeted more people as I passed by and finally arrived in the town's library.

I pushed the door, resulting for its bell to ring. "I apologize but the library is currently closed! The princess is visiting the village as I speak--" The librarian stopped talking as soon as he saw me. "Princess Diamonique!"

"Good morning, sir Gourlock. Pleasant day, isn't it?" I asked while trailing my fingers on the books piled up in their shelves. "Do you mind if I go around?" He shook his head immediately. "Oh, no, princess. I do not. Feel free!"

"Why, thank you." I replied and searched for books. Five caught my attention (also fairytales of kingdoms so close to me but yet so far). "Can I borrow these books, sir Gourlock?" I asked, clasping them to my chest.

"Of course, princess! You can return them anytime." I smiled as he stamped on the books and write my name on a gold log card. I took the books from the counter and did a courtesy. "Thank you very much for the pleasure to roam around this humble library, sir."

"You are always welcome, princess and thank you for passing by." He smiled back before I left the library, clutching it like my life depended on it.

My gaze dropped to Jisung sighing, his head low. I touched his arm and he looked at me. "Is everything alright?" He nodded and pursed his lips.

"Yes. I heard from the people some Royal Knights guarding the gates are currently chasing a criminal that almost got inside. They lost track of him," His eyes suddenly softened. "I know anytime now, you're going to say how great that guy is for escaping such trained Knights."

I winked at him, smiling. "You got me," He huffed and walked ahead. "Really! How can someone do that? I mean Robin Hood can but not every rebel!"

•••