TWENTY SIX

Monique's POV

"I don't understand. I mean I am existing—" Haechan rolled his eyes in frustration as I keep on asking him about what he said earlier. He was making dinner with bread and tea (he bought and hid it somewhere).

"You do read books but you are seriously stupid." He responded and I folded my arms beside him. "I am a bit slow so help me understand. Stop being mean."

He looked at me. "Then stop being bossy. Catch up with the outside language so you can understand." He placed the plate of sliced bread and the kettle of tea on top of the wooden dining table.

Haechan and I settled down to our seats and he handed me a cup. I acknowledged him and poured some in my cup. "Mind explaining so I can catch up?" I emphasized the last two words.

He sipped from his cup and sighed, putting it down. "Think about it again. Try to process it. Don't be stupid." I glared at him and thought about what he said earlier again.

"I'm going to help you live and not exist."

My lips formed into a thin line and I looked back at him, shaking my head. "Nope. I can't process it because I do not understand it. Just explain it already~." I pouted and chewed a piece of bread.

"I don't want you to be a useless chess piece, Monique," He finally said and I paid attention. "I want you to live your life the way you want it to be, and I will help you achieve that. You still have no path to go yet, but I will help you find it.

"I don't want you to just.. exist. Be a character to another story, either a friend or a foe. Existing is rotting, and I am pretty sure I clearly heard you that you really don't want to die." He sat formally. "So, I decided—as a soldier of Good—to help you with your own mission,"

I was speechless. He was too kind and too Good to be a friend. "And because your fairytale has started." I scoffed and ate the bread piece whole. "How can you know that my fairytale has started?"

He tapped on his necklace, the one with five skulls whose eyes go on and off, emitting lights. "This necklace is connected to the Fairy Godmother. Merlin is a sneaky wizard, the way he is." A smirk painted his lips.

"I didn't know he was sneaky." Haechan and I laughed harmoniously in humor. "Oh, he always has been. But he never used his sneaky ways on helping King Arthur get his throne." He replied and I got uncomfortable.

I scratched my neck. "Alright, moving on. If I get to wear that, would I know whose fairytale is the Fairy Godmother writing?" He shook his head, chuckling. He brought his fingers around the lace and pulled it, but it didn't budge.

"They don't get off my neck. Merlin said I was worthy of seeing whose fairytale has been written." I emptied my cup of tea. "Well, you certainly don't look worthy." I clutched my stomach, laughing while Haechan pouted and gave me a look.

"You're the mean one here now." He folded his arms like a little kid. He looked like one. His purple-ish hair was bouncy and soft and his eyes resembled as of a pudu's.

"A Lost Boy indeed." He just smiled and stood up. He took my cup, his own, the kettle and the plate then placed it in the sink. "Go to sleep. I will show you around kingdoms, but we will start off with Snow tomorrow."

I can feel my eyes shimmer as I stared at him. "Really? We're going to go around kingdoms?" He nodded. "Not all. I chose some! Nottingham, Rose Kingdom, Wonderland, Oz and Branstone."

"You will take me there?" He nodded once again. "Promise, but do you trust me?" He asked softly, making sure that I really do. I put a hand on his shoulder and beamed a smile at him. "Of course I do."

"Then I will take you there. Sadly, no Neverland destination." He said. I thought he was going to be kind of sad, but his face only danced with humor. I smiled and patted his arm. "Thank you."

"For everything?" He looked at me in the corner of his eye. I giggled. "Yes, for everything." He ruffled my hair. "You're always welcome, Monique. Now go to sleep and dream well. We are going to wake up early tomorrow."

I nodded like a kid. "Alright. See you at dawn, Haechan." He chuckled at my baby-like voice and nodded. "Sure do." I was going to turn my back on him but a thought flitted in my mind.

I went in front of him and he looked weirdly at me. "What?" His brows were raised. I can feel the blush on my cheeks. "Can I be like you?"

"Like me? What part?"

"Defend Good. Beat bad guys, whatever you do in that category." I said. He smiled. "You still have to think it over. I will show you how to properly do it tomorrow, if there would be any criminals on lose in Snow." He commented matter-of-factly.

My heart was beating so fast. Did I just say those words out loud? I really didn't mean it, but the thought of it excites me. I nodded for the nth time. "I am anticipating on it, alright?" He rolled his eyes. "Yes, now go and sleep."

I chuckled. "Alright. Don't be grumpy, you will get old easily if you keep that up," He gave me a blank look and I zipped my mouth shut. "I'm heading to my bed, uhm, now." I murmured and quickly walked to my bed room without looking back.

Man, he is scary when he's serious. No wonder he was half Evil. He changed from a pudu-eyed cute kid to a hot devil real quick.

I slapped myself. Did I just say Haechan is hot? I must have gone crazy. Maybe it is just the grateful feeling for him for everything he has done. I don't treat him as my acquaintance anymore, but as a friend.

I sat on my bed and fiddled with my fingers. He's fun, very humorous, very bright but also very scary when serious. A mercurial Lost Boy. Oh, what if he was the most moody among the six Lost Boys? Peter beat him, though.

My mind drifted to the upcoming trips to different kingdoms. Haechan is going to take me to fairytales.. literally! It would be going to feel like walking at the pages of the book and really feel like you are there.

Haechan's scolding crosses my mind and I immediately drifted off to sleep, excited for tomorrow.

•••