SIXTY

Monique's POV

Haechan's fever got lower after he took a medicine that we found in a cabinet in the kitchen. He knew what kind of herb that was so he immediately took it. I don't know if he got stronger because he slept again after eating breakfast.

I thought that maybe Hansel decided to pull a trick and put a sleeping potion in Haechan's food but all of us ate from that. Maybe because of The Lullaby. He admitted it brings him to sleep. Maybe I should sing less about that. It becomes a bit too much of a lullaby.

Haechan is currently on the couch sleeping and hugging a throw pillow. Thankfully, he recovered from his fever and he was fine. "Don't ever do that again." I mumbled and lightly flicked his forehead that was covered by his bangs.

His brow raised. "What must I not do again?" He asked and opened his eyes. I just scoffed and stood up. "Nothing." He sat up and I can feel his gaze on me. "I heard you."

"Then why did you ask?" I said, turning to him. "Anyway, are you feeling better now?" He nodded and brushed his hair back. I felt myself blush so I immediately looked away.

"Yes, I am fine. Do you mind if I make some ginger tea?" He asked and I replied, "Not at all." I smiled to myself as he stood up to go to the kitchen. He looked at me again. "Why are you smiling?"

I shrugged and chuckled. "I just remembered the first time we met. You made me ginger tea after you treated my wounds on my back." I said and lied down on the couch. He laughed, continuing on his way. "Oh, yes, right. By the way, how are your wounds?"

I was curious too so I touched my back and it didn't hurt anymore. "It doesn't hurt but I do not know if the scars are gone as well." I rolled on my front and let my arm hang on the couch. "Come here, we will look at it."

My face heating up again, I rose up from the couch. "We? Don't you mean you? I cannot see my back. And no!" I heard him chuckle from the kitchen. "You let me the first time. Why not now?"

I folded my arms and pouted. "Because.. Because.. just because I do not want to. You don't have my permission." I stated and went to where he is. He was waiting for the kettle to make that annoying pitch noise.

"You are curious to know what lies on your back now, right? Maybe there is a big difference from two months ago and now." He was right though. Sighing in defeat, I turned my back on him. "Fine, but make it quick."

I was wearing a simple dress with a zipper on the back so that means he can have a look on it. I covered my face with my hands when I felt his fingers bringing the zipper down. "Thank God," I turned my head to the side and raised a brow. "What do you mean?"

"They are closed. Your wounds healed but they left scars. Is that okay with you?" He returned the zipper back up and I looked at him. I shrugged. "It's okay. It is an evidence that I escaped from my past.. with your help."

He smiled and leaned near the sink. "You always thank me."

"Of course, because there is so much things I am grateful of you for. I know you did not help me escape the castle, but you help me escape from its nightmares. I already told you, but your mind is always on the clouds." He laughed at the last statement.

Haechan raised his hand and patted my head. "You know what my reply would be, right?" I smirked and nodded. He looked down on his feet and started to say, "If you don't mind, can you tell me more on.. like what you did back in the castle? I am not forcing you, though."

I waved my hand and smiled. "It's okay. I don't," I sighed, tapping my forefinger on my chin, thinking. "Let's see. Wait, do you know that I like mi—" He cut me off. "Milk more than tea, yes, I do."