FORTY EIGHT

Monique's POV

We started with simple fighting skills using knives and special weapons that Merlin gave Haechan. We just practiced in front of the house but not too near or else we're going to blow it.

Haechan was standing in front of me from a few meters with hands on his waist. "Okay. Let's see what you got," He started to position himself. "No kicking the balls, just a friendly reminder." He said, almost laughing.

I rolled my eyes and laughed with him. "Alright, I won't." After I said that, he started running towards me and raised his arm to hit me. I blocked it with my arm. His free hand lightly punched my stomach.

I glared at him and twisted his arm that I was holding then pushed him away using my foot. He smirked because of what I did and raised his own foot to hit my head. I grabbed it and twisted it like I did to his arm.

My jaw dropped when he just flipped, following the direction of his foot and went back standing up. He pulled his foot back and tried to hit me again. I smirked back this time and held his foot. I raised my own and acted like I was going to hit his balls.

"Hey, I said no hitting the balls!" I laughed and tried to keep my focus. I threw his foot away and put my legs over his shoulders. We fell on the ground and I flipped him to his back, pinning his arms.

"So?" I asked cockily. His hands got to push me and I fell on my back. It was his turn to pin me on the ground. I grumbled and moved my legs like I was a spoiled kid. "That's not fair! You're flexible." I pouted.

He chuckled and pulled me up. I dusted off the dirt on my shirt and shorts. "That was actually a good one." He complimented. I nodded. "Thanks." I threw a punch but he caught my fist with his hand. I groaned and pulled back my hand.

"You don't have problems with how you move. It's just you lack more fighting moves and you don't focus on defeating the opponent," I nodded and sighed. "Care for another round?" He asked.

"I can't see why not." This time, I was the first one to attack him. He blocked my arm with his and I sweeped my foot on both of his feet, making him fall. I was going to hit him with my knee but he held it. I put my hands on his shoulders and tumbled over him.

Before I can even stand on my feet, he pulled my arms back, causing me to fall on my butt, and it wasn't comfortable. I groaned painfully when Haechan bent down and let me get back on my feet, but I'm facing him again.

He was still locking my arms with his. "I'm sorry," I said. I raised my feet, put it beside his head and dropped him to the ground. I fell after him and hit my elbow on a rock. "I shouldn't have done that." I scolded myself and threw the rock on a tree, angry.

"You didn't stop yourself, oh my God," Haechan said and slowly pushed my feet away. We stood up from the ground and I looked at my wound. "You have a bruise." He walked closer and looked at it. I dropped my elbow and smiled comfortingly at him. "I'm fine. It's just small."

He raised a brow. "You sure?" I nodded.

We went back on training and I learned more from him. Haechan taught me to be more alert and aware of my surroundings. Some criminals are clever and Haechan won't let them outsmart him, including me.

"If you can't use your weapons anymore, you have to improvise!" He tossed me a frying pan. "What the..?" I placed it in front of me when he threw a dart. "Seriously?! Rapunzel much?" I asked as I hit the darts and throw it back to him.

"This is just like badminton." He told me. "I don't even play badminton!" I shouted back at him. I was nearly hit by his shot. "You're good at it for an amateur."