TWENTY TWO

Monique's POV

"Please~."

"No, no, no." Goldilocks muttered under her breath.

"Goldie, please. She ran away from home and she didn't bring anything with her."

"Is that my fault now?! Why did she run away in the first place?"

I sipped my latte that Mama Bear made for the three of us while I played chess with Baby Bear. He was kind of cute, actually. Haechan and Goldilocks fought in the kitchen like a married couple.

"Is Goldilocks always that garrulous?" I asked Baby Bear while moving a chess piece in front of his King. "Checkmate." Baby Bear pouted and nodded slightly. "Frequently."

Our heads turned to the kitchen when she shouted, "WHY IS SHE WEARING YOUR SHIRT AND I CAN'T?? WHY ARE YOU SO UNFAIR?!" I rolled my eyes while Baby Bear set up the chess pieces back on the board. I was playing the black this time.

"When are they going stop?" I asked Baby Bear again. "Around lunch time. Haechan will bake her her favorite honey cake." He said and moved a rook. I moved a piece. "Do they always fight when Haechan comes over?"

"Not really. She flirts with him everytime he's around but it is obvious Haechan doesn't have a thing for Goldie. They only fight when it comes to girls. She gets jealous really easily."

"So, am I the fifth? Sixth?" Baby Bear looked at me with his big brown eyes. "First, actually," I let out a small gasp while he explained. "Haechan never dragged a girl inside here, just mentioning some friends. I think he's asexual."

"Or gay." I mumbled and he continued. "Goldie would already lost her mind just mentioning a girl. Now, Haechan mentioned a girl, she's with him and mostly, you're wearing his clothes. Boxer briefs, too?" He asked.

My face reddened and I nodded. "Prepare. She's deadly when she's jealous." I jumped in my seat when Goldilocks' shoes stomped the polished wooden floor of the living room.

"You would do it?" Haechan asked, sounding relieved. "Yes, just because it's you who asked for it," Goldilocks snapped and turned to me. "Girl, get your ass over here and remove Haechan's clothes all over you. They don't look right."

Haechan glanced at me. "She looks fine with my clothes." He said matter-of-factly. "But I'm not fine with it." He chuckled. "Monique, you really look like you're drowning."

"Not my fault you let me wear your clothes." He gave me a poker look. "You'd be naked."

"Uh, hello? I'm still here, stop flirting," Goldilocks grabbed my arm with her nails and she pulled me upstairs to her room. It kind of hurts but I was used to it.

We stopped in front of a yellow door and she opened it, revealing a big bed room. The colors were only blue, yellow and white. "Sit in that chair, girl." He commanded and I did as I was told.

She suddenly stopped walking and huffed before popping her head out of the door. "Haechan, how many clothes does she need to borrow?!"

"Enough for one week!" I heard Haechan shout back. Goldilocks went back inside and threw clothes to her yellow duvet that was on top of her white bed. "Pinocchio does laundry services so go there to wash these. Free of charge since Haechan's a VIP there."

She threw me a yellow gingham puff sleeved dress with white stretch bodice and an apron on the front of the skirt. "That will do you good. Dress up, I'll fix your hair."

I smiled at her but she just scowled. I whimpered my way to her bath room and stripped off Haechan's shirt and pants. A knock came from the door. I slightly opened it and Goldilocks' hand was inside, holding a bra.

"Thanks..!" I squeaked and snatched it from her. I immediately put on it and in Goldilocks' dress. It fit perfectly. I opened the door and went out of the bathroom. She looked at me. "Now you look better without his clothes."

Haechan suddenly barged in and went to Goldilocks' bathroom and took his clothes. He looked at me as he exited. "You still wearing it?" I nodded. He smiled. "I figured out. Mama Bear, can I borrow a bag?" He asked as he left Goldilocks' room.

"What do you mean you're still wearing it?" Goldilocks snarled. "Boxer briefs." I piped. I peeked up and she was gonna fume but she calmed herself down. "Girl, you know I'm being obvious that I like Haechan so don't you dare steal him from me."

I chuckled. "I have no plans to. Besides, I'm going to secretly kill myself. Haechan doesn't want me to." I said and her expression changed from fancy strict to calm poise.

"Why do you want to die?" She asked. She sounded.. different. A different kind of Goldilocks, like the one I have read about. "There's no reason to live anymore." I replied and quietly sat on the same chair where she told me to sit.

"The Fairy Godmother once said, 'you only feel useless but you really are not'. You have something to do, Monique," She said my name for the first time since we met. "The world is big and you will find your place. What if it's only near? Maybe you're looking through the wrong way. What if it's just under your nose?"

I felt her presence behind me. She lightly pulled my hair. "But not with Haechan, of course." I rolled my eyes as she brushed my hair gently. She combed my bangs and put sides of my hair over my shoulders.

She went in front of me and powdered my face. She applied light lip tint on my lips. "Press your lips together, sister." She told me and I did it. She smiled. "You look even better. Presentable to say the least." I thanked her.

Goldilocks took the clothes she picked up for me and carried it with her downstairs. I followed behind her, tucking a tendril of hair behind my ear. "Here." Goldilocks handed the clothes to Haechan. He took it from her and he glanced up at me. He suddenly stopped moving.

I raised a brow at him. He suddenly cupped my cheeks and looked at me in the eyes. "Is that still you?" He asked jokingly. I pushed his hands back to him and nodded. "Duh, it's still me."

He poked my cheek. "You're prettier," He squished my face. "Cuter, and much more human." I pouted and he pinched my cheeks deeper. "That's cuter."

"Goldilocks cleared her throat loudly. We looked at her and Haechan immediately pulled away from me. "Do you mind to eat lunch here, Haechan, Monique?" Mama Bear asked.

"Yes, please." Haechan replied. I felt a tug on my dress and saw Baby Bear handing me a pair of sky blue doll shoes. I rubbed his furry head. "Thank you," I looked at Goldilocks with arms folded and eyebrow raised.

"Especially you." She seemed satisfied. I covered half of my face when she lowered the front of her crop top, exposing her cleavage. She hopped towards Haechan and said his name in a sing-song voice.

"Haechan~."

Baby Bear just dragged me to the kitchen counter and we ate some cookies.

•••