FIFTY NINE

Monique's POV

"Ooh la la,"

I heard a voice and a silent whistle beside me. I blinked my eyes and rubbed it so that it can adjust to the lighting. I looked up and saw a pair of legs in front of me.

"I guess you slept comfortably." It said again. I recognized the voice as Hansel's. The couch seemed strange, too. It was harder and firmer. I looked at it and saw it was suddenly black. Wasn't this cream-colored?

Then it rose up and down, like it was breathing. I brought my gaze up and I just realized I was on top of Haechan. He was still sleeping peacefully. I blushed, feeling his hand on my waist. So I slept on his chest this whole time?

I carefully pulled away from him, making sure that he won't wake up. I dropped on the floor for losing my balance and pulled myself up again. I glared at Hansel when I noticed he was giving me that look with that smirk.

"Whatever you are thinking, it's wrong." I said and went to the bathroom for a bit. I washed my hands after doing my business and saw that it was already night time. The rain was still going on but it's only drizzling now.

I went to the kitchen and Gretel was already making dinner. Roasted chicken. I went back in the living room and did not see any sign of Hansel. He probably went to his room. Haechan was still asleep, his right arm above his forehead.

I took my blanket on top of him and put it over me. I smiled at his calm figure dreaming. I didn't know I was staring at him for that long if it had not been for Gretel. "I know he is a handsome boy but you should get his portrait painted."

My face heated and I chuckled awkwardly. "Uh, no. Anyway, is dinner ready? I will wake him up." Gretel nodded and went to call her brother. I walked towards Haechan and slowly nudged him. "Hey, it's dinner time."

He groaned and stretched his arms. He opened his eyes and looked at me. "Hi." I chuckled. "Hi. Good morning, Sleeping Beauty. Your dinner is served." He held out his hand and I pulled him up. He looked so cute with him rubbing his eyes like a kid and his hair all ruffled.

I can't stop myself and I played with his dark brown locks. He laughed and looked at me. "What are you doing?" I pressed my nose against his hair. "You look so cute—I-I mean soft." I said and pulled my hands back.

He stood up and he loomed over me. I feel so vulnerable sometimes when he's standing beside me with that aura. We walked to the dining room and the four of us settled into our seats. We started eating the roasted chicken.

"Any news?" Haechan asked the siblings. They shook their heads. "We went to Criest, Maldonia and Oz to check out people with the same blood examples but all of them are negative." Gretel stated.

"We are going to Elldene, Aquamarine and Rose tomorrow. Let's just hope we find same blood examples at the end." Hansel said and finished his food. The rest of us followed and I washed the dishes.

Haechan was looking at me worriedly again. "But your wound." I gave him a reassuring smile and patted his arm. "I'm fine now. I will be careful, promise." He smiled and nodded. "Okay." He left me in the kitchen then went up to our room.

I started to wash the dishes and after doing so, I dried them with a towel. I placed them on their places near the sink and walked upstairs, bidding good night to Hansel and Gretel.

I went inside and found Haechan staring at the ceiling. "What's wrong?" He shook his head. "Nothing. We just woke up and we're going to sleep again." I nodded in agreement and sat on my bed. "What are we going to do? We are this bored."

We stared at the floor for minutes before he snapped his fingers. "I want to sleep again, but can you sing me the song you sang back then? To stop my nightmares?" I just smiled but for him, it meant that I was going to do it.