TWENTY NINE

Monique's POV

I looked weirdly at him. Why is he asking that? He always does good deeds. He won't be Evil anytime soon.

The Magic Mirror hummed. "Definitely not," I was shocked by its reply. I glanced at Haechan and he was still waiting for more answers.

"If your evil side shows, it will consume the good part of your heart. It's hard to take back what you really are when you appear different to others. If you are a criminal in the tabloids and news, you are." It said seriously, and I got scared.

But Haechan just.. smiled. "Thank you." He said and pulled me away from the room, leaving me confused. He closed the door back and I just stared at him.

"That's it?" He raised a brow at me. "What?"

"That's what the answer is and you only said 'thank you'?" He chuckled. "I told you, one question a day," I huffed and he shook his head. "You are smart, Monique, but the real answers are hidden beneath confusing ones. You just have to understand it further."

I sighed. I can't argue with him. "Alright. Anyway, what did you ask the last time you came here?" He laughed awkwardly. "Eh, uhm, I.. forgot about it." He grinned shyly.

I gave him a poker look. "I figured out." He just grinned and we walked out of the castle.

"What now? You like.. save people and that's oftentimes." I said and folded my arms, slowly becoming bored. "Why did you escape in the first place, though? You wouldn't be here." He said.

"I told you, it was hell back there. And I'm pretty glad I met you. You're quite fun to be around." We both smiled at each other and his expression suddenly looked like he remembered something.

He raised an index finger. "Right! I was going to take you to my favorite hiding spot here in Snow!" I raised a brow as he dragged me outside. "You have hiding spots in different kingdoms?"

He rolled his eyes. "A few. I need them if ever someone is chasing me," He then looked sad. "I still appear evil to others even though I work for Good now." What he said took me aback.

I still appear evil..

A thought rushed inside my head.

To the opposites, both good but one appears evil. May you cross paths.

"What's wrong?" Haechan suddenly asked. I looked at him questionably and realized I stopped walking. He was still raising his brows.

"I.. I just remembered something. Because of what you said.." I muttered. We continued making our way to wherever his hiding place is. "Did I say something wrong?" His voice sounded worried.

I shook my head. "It's not something wrong. I just remembered the on-going book that was in my room instead in the Story Council." His mouth formed into an 'o'?. "Really? What's the title?"

I rubbed my finger on my chin. "I think it was The Found and The Lost." I said surely and unsurely. I glanced up at Haechan and he was also deep in thought. "I don't know whose story it is because it's not in the Story Council."

I groaned. "I forgot to bring it with me, damn it," I cursed and he lightly slapped my lips. "Hey!"

"Language, missy." I just rolled my eyes at his authoritative attitude.

I noticed that we haven't left the castle gates of the Evil Queen. Instead, we were behind where the garden was located. The flowers and plants were dead; everything was so dull and dead. There was a fountain in the middle of the Evil Queen holding a jar where water supposedly used to pour out.