SIXTY FOUR

Monique's POV

We stayed for another day after knowing that Gretel is my mother. We didn't do much but stayed inside the house, baking and chatting with each other, having batches of laughs and scolding.

She insists that I should call her by her name, but I called her 'mother' anyway. She acted like she was annoyed but she was always smiling when she hears that from me. She also taught me how to bake a cake and complimented that I was really good at it.

The judges were Mother, Hans and Haechan. She made me bake a red velvet cake. The result didn't look too bad but I was nervous about how it tastes. I was standing in front of them while they each took a slice from the cake.

Mother started to chew on it and Hansel and Haechan followed. I bit my lower lip and glanced at each of their faces to see their reactions. The younger male closed his eyes and suddenly fell on the floor. "Butters." I went beside him and placed his head on my lap.

"Haechan!" I looked at my mother and Hansel after noticing they were giving me a weird look. "I don't know how to poison people." I said and lightly slapped Haechan's cheek. He opened his eyes and raised both of his thumbs.

"It tastes so freaking good!" He exclaimed and jumped up and down. He devoured his first slice then took another one to eat. Mother nodded with a proud smile on her lips. "I agree." Hansel grinned and started to eat his share in a fast manner.

"It tastes like yours, Gret." Mother chuckled. "Yes, kind of." I clapped happily for my success. I stood up from the floor and my eyes widened when Haechan was already taking half of the cake.

We stared at each other. He shrugged. "What? Be grateful I appreciate what you baked." I just laughed and rolled my eyes. "Whatever. Oh, Mother, we have to go home.. tomorrow." I sadly said and fiddled with my fingers.

She placed her plate on the table and hugged me. "I know. Don't worry, Hansel and I would be fine. I am sure Haechan will take care of you." I smiled and glanced at him who also looked at me at the same time. He grinned, a little cake on his upper set of teeth.

I chuckled and looked back at Mother. "I know he will."

The day passed by and we have to go back in the morning. Haechan and I already packed our things in the evening and when that morning came, he called on Shimmer to bring us back to our humble home.

We hopped on the unicorn and Elyas followed after licking Mother and Hansel goodbye on their cheeks. I waved at the two of them. Mother took two huge candy canes from the window and aimed it at us. I raised my hands to catch it. "Thanks, Mother!"

"Take care!" I smiled. "We will!" I handed Haechan the other candy cane and I ate it while we headed back home. It's going to be a long ride so after I ate the cane, I fell asleep.

Later on, I felt someone nudge me awake. I blinked my eyes open and it was Haechan who was waking me up. "We are home." He said. I nodded and he went down Shimmer first. He held out his hands and helped me get off.

I looked around and it was already sunset. "Heck, did the ride take that long?" I asked while getting my bag. "Yes. Let us get inside. I will make dinner." Shimmer neighed and rode away. We went inside and Elyas did as well.

I had nothing to do since Haechan will be making dinner so I unpacked my things and placed them in my closet. When I was done, I kept the bag at the bottom of the closet and went out of my room to find Haechan already finished on cooking.

I took two plates, spoons and forks for us and we started to eat silently. "I will sleep early. Is that okay? I'm really happy that it makes me tired." I said with a chuckle. Haechan waved his hand. "I don't mind. I'll wash the dishes."