THREE

Monique's POV

Mark dragged me towards the swordsmanship room which is in the back of the castle. I looked around for any signs of maids, knight guards, Alvertos or even my parents.

We arrived in there with no one seeing us. We immediately slipped inside and Mark turned on a torch with his match. "Do you have a plan?" I asked but he remained quiet.

"Sir--" He put a finger over his lips. "Haven't I told you? We're still going to plan." I just pouted and followed him to the main practice room.

As we walked towards there, I took a fencing sword from the corner (Mark is also a fencing teacher) and stepped in the platform where I saw Jisung practicing on his own.

He looked surprised to see me at first but we continued the fight anyway. "You know you have to wear necessary fencing clothing, princess." He reminded and almost stabbed me on my chest.

I smirked back. "Have you forgotten that you have never won a fight against me yet?" I said, hitting his chest twice. He winced in pain but continued with our fight.

I hit his arm then stomach until he let go of the sword. He took off his helmet and looked at me. "Are you even a princess?" I laughed and hopped down the platform. "Maybe a princess that you didn't expect to be."

"Monique!" I placed the fencing sword back in its place and rushed to Mark's study corner. He gave me a glare. "We only have a few more minutes before they're on the search for you."

I nodded and he looked down at the huge piece of paper on top of the wooden table. He touched it with a hand and he closed his eyes, focusing on the plan.

The plan got drawn up on the paper, the words, pictures and letters coming out of Mark's fingertips. The plan was done in no time.

Magic is very rare in here and I was so surprised when I knew my own teacher practiced basic magic. One percent of a thousand people can only have it.

"It goes like this," Mark started. "I'm going to ask the King and Queen's permission of celebrating the Royal Knights' loyalty to Crescent, so on and forth," As he spoke, the pictures of the said scenario moved.

"I will ask if they can come. I will try to convince them to let us celebrate in the Royal Ballroom, which is upstairs." I looked at the next scenario, where I was running outside the palace doors.

"While all of us are busy celebrating, you will escape on your own." I looked at him. "Me? Alone?" He looked back at me and the picture stopped moving. "Why? Do you need an escort, too?"

"I-It's not that. Where am I supposed to go after I flee?" He sighed. "I was just getting on in that part. Now stop cutting me off and let me continue." I gulped and let him talk about the plan again.

"I asked one of my friends to let you stay in his house for a while. His name is Simon. Don't worry, he's a good lad. His house is located in the north west if you stand in the palace gates. You will know if you've arrived if you see an arrow stuck in a tree."

"When will this be?" I asked. "Perhaps next week, I don't know. You'll know it because the King and Queen would tell you they're invited in a celebration," He sighed heavily. "Let's just hope this would go as we planned."

I put my hand over his. "It will, Mark," I said, saying his name for the first time. I wasn't scared because I have more power over him. "I trust you." He smiled back and his shoulders relaxed.

"Thank you for trusting me, princess," I gave him a smile and looked back at the plan. "By the way, you should start monitoring the gates to know when their breaks are."

I scoffed. "I was just going to do that sooner or later," I replied, flipping my hair. I grabbed two swords and tossed the other one to Mark. "Care for a round?" He smirked and we both stepped in the platform.

Our swords clashed together and it went on for about a couple of minutes, no one surrendering. "Hey, sir, why don't you teach me swordsmanship, too?" Jisung pouted, sulking in the corner.

Mark glanced at him before slashing his sword towards me, almost hitting my leg. "You never asked to be taught." I laughed at his reply. Beads of sweat formed in my temples while Mark's face and neck was with it instead.

Let me admit, he looks kind of hot.

I twisted his sword and it went straight up the ceiling. He looked back down at me. "Your skills improved." I smiled and bowed. I threw my sword towards him. "Gotta go. See you around! You too, Jisung!" The both of them waved goodbye.

I went out of the room quietly and walked down the empty halls, waiting for someone to find me. I almost had a heart attack when Alvertos popped out of nowhere, cupcake in his hands.

"Oh, where have you been?" He asked, looking at me. "Goodness gracious, you're sweaty." He added. I smiled sweetly (fakely). "I know, and it's not your business." I said and walked past him, hitting my shoulder with his.

I went up to my room and changed into a floral dress. I spent thirty minutes removing my corset because I was too lazy to call Luciana nor Rosella. Of course, I wiped all my sweat away and went back down to see Mother and Father talking with Alvertos in the middle of the throne room.

They all looked at me as they heard my steps. I bowed and slowly walked towards them. My power is no match for theirs so I better watch my mouth in front of them.

"Oh, no, sir. Your daughter hasn't caused me any trouble. She was very nice while talking to me." Alvertos told my parents, glancing at me. Father looked at me seriously before looking back at the prince. "Very well then. We should have our dinner."

Alvertos motioned his arm, indicating for me to grab it. I slowly locked my left arm with his and the four of us walked to the dining room. Alvertos motioned a chair for me to sit and he followed after I settled down.

The dinner was quiet. At least I am. The three of them chatted while I ate my food silently. They really didn't care if I stayed quiet. I would even cause more drama if I spoke up.

"Dinner is finished." My father announced and my heart started racing. I looked up to Alvertos and he already has those wrist chains ready. I gulped anxiously as he chained my wrists with them.

He tugged at it and I was forced to follow him to wherever he is going. I didn't look back at my parents. Whatever. They won't even save me even if I cry.

And this already happened about three times. Fourth this time.

Alvertos walked to the tallest tower in the castle and pushed me towards a bed filled with rose petals. He locked the door and placed the key in a drawer near it.

"We're going to have a lovely night, won't we, love?" Alvertos asked, taking off his suit. I looked away, sighing. He walked towards me and tied the chain in my wrists to the top ends of the bed.

He crawled on top of me and looked at me in the eyes. "Tonight, you're mine." He whispered before kissing my neck.

Tears rolled down my cheeks. See why I hate my life?

Living here is hell, especially when a prince comes to visit.

Because I get raped by them.

•••