FORTY THREE

Monique's POV

I can no longer sleep peacefully (maybe because I slept early last night) so I rose from my bed, yawning and stretching out my arms. I looked to the right to see Haechan sleeping messily on his bed. His hair was disheveled and his arm was on top of his forehead.

I chuckled at his position and stood up. I went to the balcony and breathed in the fresh air. It was dawn and the sun was slowly rising up in the sky. It was cold but it didn't bother me.

I sat on the rail and waited until the sun was high enough to warm my skin. I heard the door unlocking and I looked to who it might be. It was Cinthia again, pushing a small cart that has a tea pot and two cups at the top.

"Would you like some tea, Monique?" I bit my lip shyly. "I don't really drink tea. Do you have milk?" I asked her. "Why, of course." She took another tea pot from below the cart and poured me a cup of warm milk.

She handed me the saucer with the cup on it and I smiled to her. "Thank you. I'll serve Haechan's drink when he wakes up." Cinthia nodded and bowed before leaving the room.

It felt like days ever since I enjoyed another hot cup of milk when I just had one with the Hatter and Hare a day ago. Still, I'm glad that I have one this morning. It warmed me for the rest of the minutes that was left before the sun shone through the balcony and inside the room.

My cup was empty when I heard Haechan groan on his bed. "Shut up, Pan. I said I don't wanna grow up." I silently laughed because of what Haechan said. Is he seriously talking while dreaming?

I let out a sigh as I looked at him sleep comfortably. "Too bad you have grown up. Life wasn't too harsh on you." I muttered to myself while putting the cup and saucer back on the cart.

"Of course, it was!" I jumped in my place when Haechan rambled again. It's like he answered my question. "Of course, it was important to me, that skunk uniform.." He snored again.

Chuckling, I rolled my eyes and folded my arms. I was going to leave the room when Haechan started speaking again.

This never happened to him before. Maybe because of what happened last night with Nibs and Cubby?

"I don't know! I'm confused, okay? I-It's weird and good like.. I don't know..! I just—She needs to be.. protected." Haechan went back on sleeping again.

I stayed for a minute to see if he's going to add another rant. When I heard nothing more, I turned the door knob. I decided to take a walk around the castle while he will be talking in his sleep.

"Monique?"

I closed the door back as quietly as I could and looked at Haechan who is now awake. He sat down and with eyes squinted, searching for me all over the room. His gaze stopped on me.

"Where are you going?" He asked. I smiled as I walked towards him. "I wasn't going anywhere. I was just waiting for you to wake up." I said. Maybe he isn't awake after all because he started pouting like a kid.

"If I don't wake up, would you still wait for me?" He suddenly asked. What's up with him now? "Haechan, don't say that." I told him in a stern tone.

"Answer my question."

I sighed and hugged myself. "Yes, I would still wait for you." I simply replied. Haechan smiled. "That's good to hear." He said and stood up from the bed. He started to walk but tripped. I immediately went to catch him even though he was heavier than me.

"Did you do that on purpose?" I asked, my voice tight. He shook his head. "No." I placed him back on the bed and went to the cart to pour him tea. "Would you like tea, Haechan?"