THIRTY SEVEN

Monique's POV

I tightened my grip around Haechan's waist when Shimmer took a jump again. He noticed my uneasiness and only laughed at it. "My God, the both of you are going to be the death of me." I groaned.

"Not really." He replied with a shrug. "Anyway, who are the rulers of Rose Kingdom? The Fairy Godmother doesn't name the kingdoms in the books." I said while we rode to the direction of the place.

"It's where Queen Aurora and King," He paused and gulped. "...Philip lives." I laughed at his sudden anxiety. "Didn't you tell that he already forgave you for what you've done?"

I can imagine him being uneasy like I did a while ago. "I mean, yeah, he did but.. I really felt bad for what I've done. They welcome me, eitherway. He said I can visit anytime and one of those moments are now." He said.

I raised my gaze on the path and saw a brick road leading to the Rose Kingdom he was talking about. I started moving the hem of his shirt up and down. "Oh, hurry! I want to meet them." I exclaimed excitedly.

He chuckled and Shimmer fastened up her pace. She slowed down when we entered the kingdom. We passed by people talking casually to each other and stalls with merchants trying to sell their products.

We also came by the town square where the fountain lies. When we were just a few meters away from the castle gates, Haechan hopped off first then brought me down. He took my hand and dragged me inside while Shimmer headed off to God knows where.

The guards near the gates and the doors of the castle knew Haechan so they let us inside. When the doors opened, the huge hall welcomed us. My jaw dropped because of its grand interior. "Close your mouth. You're going to embarrass me." Haechan whispered.

I glared at him then pulled back my hand he was holding to smack his arm. The sound of the contact echoed in the room. He gave me a look while I pursed my lips indeed in embarrassment. "Who is there?" A deep, male voice boomed.

Haechan suddenly bowed and pulled my arm, indicating for me to do the same. I did and he replied, "Haechan, Your Highness. I am with a friend, Monique."

There was silence for a few seconds before the voice spoke once again, "Come closer, Haechan. And please, drop the formality." We stood back up and walked until we were in front of the King and Queen; Aurora and Philip.

Too dumb-founded, I suddenly fell on my knees, bowing in front of them. "Your Majesties," I said. I heard all three of them gasp. I then felt hands touching my arm, pulling me up from the floor. It was Queen Aurora.

I tried not making eye contact with her. She was chuckling softly, her beautiful hair just as it is when she was sixteen. "Please, dear, call me Aurora. You are a friend of Haechan's, so you are our friend as well." I smiled shyly and pulled away from her grasp.

King Philip stood up and walked towards Haechan. He suddenly became stiff as the King placed a hand on his shoulder. "Have you been running around stabbing criminals? Or princes?" He laughed heartily, obviously teasing Haechan about their past.

"Criminals, Sir Philip." Aurora lightly slapped King Philip's arm. "Oh, you're making the kid nervous again. It was just a small mistake, love." She said. Haechan glanced at me and I gave him a teasing look, too.

"Mother! Father!" Our heads turned to the stairs when we heard a female voice from it. I nearly squealed aloud when I saw their daughter, Princess Primrose, also know as Little Beauty. She looks like she's the same age as Haechan and I. She's beautiful and looked like Aurora back then.

When she saw us, she immediately curtseyed. "Haechan and..?" She raised a brow at me. "Oh, uhm, Monique." Primrose smiled and bowed again. "Pleased to see you, Haechan and Monique." She exclaimed and walked next to her parents.