FORTY FIVE

Monique's POV

Emily was searching for us and was careful on stepping on the floor while doing so. Haechan and I waved our hands and tried to get her attention. She found us three minutes later.

"Where did you guys go off to?" She asked, her eyebrows slightly creased. "Some red ants took Haechan and he made me save him." The boy beside me elbowed my stomach. "You wanted to save me."

I rolled my eyes while chuckling. "I'm glad you two are alright." She placed us back on the counter and had prepared us a slice of her pie. "I know I don't want to eat but it smells too good." Haechan said and started to eat the food.

I munched on my slice and then tapped a hand on his shoulder. He looked at me with a brow raised. "I'm never going to put powdered sugar on you ever again." I said and he laughed. "Well, maybe you shouldn't starting from now on."

"I won't." I promised and we both laughed. We finished up on eating the pie and gave the plates and utensils to Emily. "Thanks for the food, Em! Great as always." Haechan said and stood up. I followed him.

He sighed. "Well, it's been good, Em. We should probably go now." She looked at us with those puppy eyes. They were too cute. "But you will visit again, right?" Her face was close to the counter so I went to kiss her cheek. "Of course!"

She smiled brightly. "I'll make more when you two come over again." Haechan waved his hand. "You don't need to, Em. Monique and I got to go. See you!" Haechan and I waved goodbye to Emily and hopped on Koko (who was busy rummaging a cupboard earlier).

The horse flew up and out of the window while we waved goodbye to Emily once again. I smiled and sighed as Koko brought us down back to Branstone. I held unto Haechan tightly.

We were close enough to the kingdom that we can hear noisy chattering from the people. "What's up now?" Haechan mumbled to himself. I was also curious about what they're talking about.

"So please, if you have seen the princess, report it to Crescent's Royal Knights immediately! Understood?" My eyes widened. I looked down and saw him. Alvertos.

I turned my head to the other direction and tugged at Haechan's shirt hurriedly. "Let's go. NOW." I said. He immediately understood what I meant and told Koko to fly back to Snow Kingdom.

Closing my eyes, I softly pressed my forehead on Haechan's back. "Did he do something to you back then?" He suddenly asked and his voice sounded dangerous, like he was angry. I sighed. "Yes."

I felt him touch my hand and squeeze it. "Did he hurt you?" He threw another question. "Haechan, not now. It's not the right time and place. Besides, I.. I don't want to remember anything back there.. back in that hell hole." I said it like it was poison to me.

I heard him sigh. "I understand. But you know you're going to have to tell it sooner, right? I don't want secrets between us, Monique. I told you who I am and how my past made me into this, but you haven't told me yours, which makes me think you don't trust me."

"No, Haechan. I really trust you. It just pains me to tell it to you. The past was almost unbearable and.." I hugged myself and felt tears stinging my eyes. I immediately wiped them away before he can see them.

"Just give me some time and I'll tell." I simply said. "Alright." He replied meekly. We didn't talk to each other the rest of the ride. After a few more minutes, we arrived at Snow again. Koko landed on the back part of Pinocchio's shop where the stable lies.

Haechan went off first and helped me down afterwards. Koko neighed goodbye while the male beside me rubbed his face. We went inside the shop to tell Pin that we returned both of his horses.