FORTY NINE

Monique's POV

In the afternoon, I taught Haechan how to use the sword, saying it's just like how you use a knife. He didn't believe me at first then he did, but he was holding it like an actual knife.

"I said like a knife! Don't hold it like one literally. A sword and a knife are different!" I told him once again. He paused for a while to held it back like a sword and we continued on in our fight.

There wasn't really any faults in how he attacks and advances, it's just the way he holds the handle. "Stop being so tense. I'm not going to stab you." I said and dropped my sword to go to him.

I took his hand and let it wrap around the handle tightly. "Sword fighting is still self-defense. Just do what you always do, but use sword fighting as the skill. Do you understand?" Haechan nodded.

"I think I'm getting the hang of it." I nodded and we started to do another round. This time, he was better. I almost dropped my sword twice. He wasn't trembling anymore and he was much more confident.

I grinned. "That's it!" Haechan laughed and continued to hit me. I noticed he was going out of perspective and tried to hit my head. I tumbled over on my back and went back to my feet. "Do you want to kill me now?"

"Oh," He dropped his sword and covered his hands. "Oh! I'm so sorry, Monique." He walked towards me and engulfed me in his warm embrace. I pressed my head on his chest and hugged him back.

"I didn't mean to try to stab you." I laughed, pulling away. "Of course you didn't. Unless you really wanted to?" I squinted my eyes at him. "What? No! Why would I kill my favorite person?" What he said made me blush, but I face-palmed to hide it.

I sighed while we walked back inside. It was dark now and the moon was shining brightly. "Yeah, I know I'm your favorite person but please don't use the word 'kill' on me again, I swear, or else I'm going to—" He cut me off.

"What? What are you going to do if I use the verb on you?" I chuckled and just pushed him away. "Hmm, nevermind. I'm hungry. You cook since you lost." He grumbled as we went to the dining room. I waited in the dining table while Haechan made dinner.

After a few minutes, he finished cooking steak then we ate and chat. I could never look at him the same way I did way back then. I didn't realize that I've been staring at him.

I snapped out of my trance when Haechan waved his hand in front of me. "Monique?" I blinked and raised a brow at him. "Yeah?" He smirked. "You should paint a portrait so it would last longer."

I rolled my eyes at his humorous cockiness and just nodded along with him. "Yeah, I'd paint you so ugly it would look like a mirror." Haechan laughed and pulled back his head for laughing too hard.

"Okay, that was actually a good one." I stood up and took our plates so I can wash them. Before I could head to the sink, he pulled my arm. I placed the plates back on the table and raised a brow at him. "What?"

He stayed silent and hugged me again. I patted his back and brushed my fingers in his hair. "I'll wash the dishes, you head off to sleep. I know you're worked up." I chuckled. He made a low noise. "Don't laugh at me."

"I wasn't," I tried pushing his arm away but he was holding me too tight. "Haechan, I brought in the denim jacket you threw outside. We'll head off to Snow to give it to Pin's." I said.

He nodded and I blushed at his face rubbing on my stomach. "Okay, okay," He pulled away and smiled at me. "After doing the dishes, go to sleep immediately." I nodded, giggling. "I will."

Haechan stood up and walked to his bed room. "Good night, Monique." I smiled. "Good night." He went inside and closed it. I puffed out air that I've been holding for long and started washing the dishes.