THIRTY ONE

Monique's POV

I didn't realize that Haechan was hugging me so I tapped his arm and whispered for him to let go. He mumbled an apology and pulled away, a smile on his tanned face.

"Did you like it?" He asked and the tone of his voice was like a child's, asking for his mother's comment about his vandal in their living room.

I folded my arms and raised a brow. "It was scary, alright, but overall.." I pursed my lips and Haechan tapped his feet on the ground, waiting. "I don't like it."

His grin faded. I smiled. "I loved it!" His grin sweeped back up his lips and hugged me. I was caught off guard but I just laughed it off and patted his back.

"I'm glad you enjoyed. Ant and the others are really kill joys." He said, pouting and folding his arms. I pulled away from the hug and raised a brow.

"Where's next?"

He started walking and I tailed behind him. "Hmm. Oh! Nottingham! Let's visit there. It's been so long ever since I went. I didn't get a chance to. There's Robin, Maid Marian—" I cut him off.

I gasped. "The Maid Marian?" Haechan rolled his eyes. "Monique, what do you expect? You're now outside. You're free! You are now walking on where the fairy tales happened. Stop being so shocked." He exclaimed.

He cupped my cheeks and booped my nose. "There's more waiting for you, Monique. You're safe with me." I smiled. He feels like an older brother I've never had.

I hugged him. "Thank you, Haechan. And yes, I do feel safe with you." I pulled away from our hug and he patted my head. "Come on. Let's rent a horse at Pin's." He took my hand and dragged me out of the rotting but still intimidating castle.

"On the other hand though, it's not like I'm shocked about meeting them. It's that you're friends with them!" I said, motioning my hands like a kid. Haechan laughed. "Did you forget? I'm Tootles. Every popular character knows me. We know each other."

I pouted. "Then why don't people recognize you as Tootles?" Haechan shushed me immediately because I said that out loud in the middle of the town. I covered my mouth. He lowered his voice, "They just know Tootles as a little kid wearing a skunk uniform."

I chuckled and we continued on walking to Pinocchio's. "Why were you dressed as a skunk though?" He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Peter told me so, and it's not a bad-smelling skunk. I was a lavender skunk, alright?"

"Hmm, logical enough."

"Oh, shut it, Monique."

Haechan opened the door of Pinocchio's store and we entered inside. "Pin!" The wooden old man looked up from checking the beers and wines and smiled at us. "Haechan! Monique! Good to have you back."

His nose didn't grow long so Haechan hugged him. I laughed at Pinocchio's reaction. Haechan pulled away and the old man coughed. "Hell, you smell bad, kid."

"We went to the Evil Queen's castle and a graveyard." I said and took a seat on a stool. Haechan just leaned on the counter and glanced at me, smirking. I smiled. I enjoyed that as much as he did.

"So, what are you two doing here?" Pin asked. "We'd like to borrow one of your horses, Pin. You know, Shimmer." Haechan's face brightened when he mentioned that name.

Pinocchio rolled his eyes. "Of course, of course.. Shimmer. You always liked Shimmer. Just return her immediately when you two get back from your adventure."

I grinned. "Thank you, Pin." He looked at me and patted my cheek. "I see Haechan is taking you to his favorite places. That's wonderful. You can trust him," His nose grew a bit long. He sighed. "A little." His nose returned to its normal shape.