EIGHT

Monique's POV

As soon as I woke up, I immediately rushed to the shower room, not even waiting for Rosella or Luciana to arrive. I prepared the water in the tub and while it was filling up, I walked around my room, the nightmare last night making me nervous.

Thankfully, I have no schedule for today and I can only stay in my room (but I'll go to the practice room either way). The tub just filled in just in time and I stripped my night gown off. I slipped in the tub and my heart can't stop beating so fast.

I already finished taking a bath when Luciana and Rosella went in. "Princess!" They exclaimed as I exited the shower room. "Yes. Please prepare a dress." I said and they immediately did.

I changed into it and they brushed my hair. They just put a flower on the side of my hair then I immediately stood up. "Princess, where are you going?" Rosella asked.

I smiled and winked at her. I went out of my room then dashed to the practice room. I looked around for any signs of guard knights but there was none in sight.

By the time I saw the practice room's door, I swiftly slipped inside. I slowly closed the door and when I turned around, Mark was there. I jumped and exhaled, seeing it was just him.

"You scared me." His eyes drifted to the flower on top of my head. He gave me a small smile. "You look beautiful." I smiled back. "Thank you." He walked ahead and I followed him to the main room.

Jisung was there, holding a sword but performing fencing moves. "Wrong! Do it again, the one I thought you earlier. I thought you want to learn sword fighting?" Mark said.

The boy on the platform pouted. "You told me I was close. I was just trying fencing moves in sword fighting." Jisung retorted and went back on his sword fighting moves that Mark thought him.

Mark and I went to his same table in the corner. "Uhm, Mark, I dreamed about the plan last night. It was pretty bad." I said. He paused and looked at me. "Tell me."

I told him what happened in my dream and he just looked at me from start to end. When I finished, he was stiff as he walked to the table, touching the large piece of paper on it.

"Do you--" He shook his head. "No. It won't be true. Some dreams are not real." I folded my arms, making him look at me. "Some. It might be."

Mark slammed both of his palms on the table, even Jisung might have stopped whatever he's doing. "Do you want to escape or not? That's the question that's only needed to be answered and you are adding 'is that dream true or not?'!"

I gulped nervously. "I'm sorry." He looked down and sighed. "Look, it won't work as we planned if you keep thinking on negative things. Let's focus on what we want to happen, alright?"

I nodded. "Good," He motioned me towards him. "Now, we must also answer the question 'how will you survive in the woods?'. Since we won't have time packing up and the sound of cans might alarm some guard knights, you have to bring nothing but yourself."

"Then ho--" He glared at me. "I'm not finished yet," I sighed and let him continue. "Don't worry. Simon's house is just near but he lives underground. His house is near a cliff so he built a window from it.

"He have enough food from buying in the neighboring kingdom so he can feed you when you arrive. There's also a nearby river with clear water and you are able to drink from it. Let's just hope you survive the night," He turned to me. "Won't you?"

I pouted. "Of course I will. I'm not a damsel in distress." I caught my breath when he suddenly pinned me on the wall, a smirk on his luscious lips. "Oh, really?" He asked and slightly leaned in.

I can feel my face burn. "Yes," I said sharply and pushed him back. I can still feel his smirk seeping through me. "What else do you want to say?" I asked, turning back to him.

"I think there's none. You can now go ahead." I gave him a nod and smiled at Jisung before leaving the practice room. I walked back to my bed room and without anything to do, I read books all day.

I read about five thick books out of boredom. I put a book mark between the page and closed the book shut. I sighed and rolled on my back, staring at the ceiling.

"There's nothing to do~." I groaned and went out of my bed. I looked at the door when I heard the clanking of armor rang on the hallway. I peeked outside and saw the guard knights running down the stairs, Mark shouting to hurry up.

"I wonder what's up.." I whispered to myself and slowly closed the door. I walked towards my balcony and stared out at the vast view of Crescent. I sat on my chair, folded my legs, placed my elbow on the rail and placed my cheek on my palm.

I was just looking at every detail of every house when I noticed a silhouette jump from a high place. He was fast and some guard knights followed him on the roofs of some houses.

He was so fast and he can jump really high. "Stealth, high jump, speed.. I never read a villain like that before." I mumbled to myself as I observed him go through sideways and under.

I stood up from my chair and went to my shelves of hundreds of books. My fingers fiddled on the covers, reading them one by one. "Peter Pan, King Arthur, Princess and the Frog. No, no. These villains are donkey ass, good grief."

I took books and books, opening the page to the parts where I remember where the villains were introduced. My heart tightened when I found nothing.. at all.

I sighed and looked out of the balcony. The boy was now long gone, the guard knights trying to track him. I looked at the book on my hands. My eyes widened because a minute ago, I was holding the book of Aladdin but now it was just a plain, navy blue, hard-covered book with an outline of gold in the side.

I almost dropped the book when an invisible pen wrote something on the cover of it, probably the title. When it finished, I read the words.

The Found and The Lost

I smirked to myself. "New book to read, huh?"

•••