Chapter 17

Just when he was about to lean in more, I heard someone shout from outside our bedroom door.

"Chachi, come down fast, mommy has some important work!", Natasha called and that seemed to snap me out of the daze.

I looked at him with wide eyes before pushing him back and quickly taking out a pair of clothes for me.

I was about to walk down quickly when a hand latched onto my wrist and pulled me inside the door

I was about to walk down quickly when a hand latched onto my wrist and pulled me inside the door. A hand found its way on my eyes and then I felt someone's lips on my cheek. More precisely on that mark. A gasp escaped my lips as a shiver ran down my spine.

"Goodbye wifey", he said and then left for work leaving me dumbstruck and a blushing mess.

After he had left for work, I soon left for work too. Today I had another presentation and even though my boss and I make conversations here and there he still takes the credit. I don't care. As long as they are able to get the deal, it doesn't matter.

If you think that making presentations for them can harm my business, it's nothing like that. My business is in an altogether different sector.

After doing that when I return home, I was too tired. God! These days I've been getting tired too much. Even though I haven't been doing most of the work. It's like leave it on me to get tired even when I'm not doing much of the work.

I straight away come to my room and fell onto my bed. Day after tomorrow is Diwali. Our maids daughter has been making rangoli for us. Rangoli is usually made for 7 days in Diwali. The purpose of rangoli is to feel strength, generosity, and it is thought to bring good luck.

 The purpose of rangoli is to feel strength, generosity, and it is thought to bring good luck

I might have fallen asleep because when I woke up, Arjun had just come out from the closet.

"Hi", he said as he settled down besides me.

"Hi", I said groggily. Tomorrow is Diwali and we are going to have a lots of guests. A lot of them. And here I am feeling dizzy.

"Are you not well?" He asked.

"No, it's just that my head aches, nothing else"

" You didn't eat yet?"

"Urmm... You see I just came to the room and I guess I slept", I said with a sheepish smile. He just smile before tugging my hand and pulling me to stand on my legs.

"Let's go eat then", he said and made a move to pick me up in bridal style before walking out of the room.

"What the hell Arjun!"

"What?"

"What do you mean by what? What will mom say if she sees us? And I can walk properly you see?"

"Mom will say nothing and I know you can walk properly but would I be your husband if I allowed you to walk when I'm there",I just groaned and let me take me to the kitchen.

As he settled me down on the kitchen counter he then took out one plate and took the food that mom had cooked today. My mouth watered at the smell. He then took the plates to the dining table and then came back and picked me up and walked over to the dining table and settled me down in one chair and took a seat besides me.

He brought the food to my mouth expecting me to let him feed me.

"Arjun!", I whined.

"What?"

"I'm not a kid and I sure can feed myself"

"Well of course you can but is it bad that I want to feed food to you myself"

"It's not that but..."

"But nothing! I'm feeding you and that's final", he said causing me to pout. Oh come on! He can't do this.

"Ok", and I took another spoon and brought some food towards his mouth. He looked at me with shock filled eyes.

"What! If you are going to feed me then I guess two can play the game", I said before shoving the spoon in his mouth.

We continued feeding each other until we heard the clicking of a camera. When we turned around we found mom, dad and Sonia looked at us in awww.

"You both are so cute", Sonia gushed.

"Look at this picture! I'm so going to frame this", dad squealed. Oh my god!

"I can't wait for grandchildren now!" Mom said while clapping her hands causing me to choke on the rice and start coughing. Arjun immediately started rubbing my back and gave me some water which I gratefully gulped down.

"Mom!" Arjun whined.

"What? I'm not getting any younger now am I? And is it bad for me to wish for a grandchild?", She said while making puppy dog eyes. Way to go mom!

"N-no but you have a grandchild and your gonna get another as Sonia is already pregnant what else do you need", he said.

"Oh nonsense! You both know what I mean", she said with a smirk causing me to blush and hide my face in my hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi guys! I know this is a short update. And I'm one day late.

I just want to inform you guys that I won't be updating daily from now on because I've been getting a lot of assignments.

Doing AS levels isn't easy too. So I'm sorry but I'll just try updating whenever I can. Please cooperate with me.

I'd like to thank:

I'd like to thank:

tahaminaaktar

bsupreetha

ZainabAdeniran

For voting on my book. Lots of love to you all.

Also does anybody watch kdramas here? If yes, which one is your favourite and which one are you currently watching?

Please vote, comment and share on my book.

Love,
D❤️