Humid Air

The humid air that engulfs you is both comfort and not.The unfamiliarity of it all, is a bit overwhelming. Just seconds before all you knew was the dark. Now held in open, as this new environment is just too much Your mouth slimy and agape. You can't think of anything else but to let a loud whale escape

Until a giant comes and caresses you red soft features That're so small that can't compare to hers, Her features that tear up That quiver and soften, with what you may only guess is joy. Her little boy, Cradled up in her strong, gentle embrace Somehow, this thought dries the tears on your itty bitty eyes, itty bitty face And wipes the fear of this alarming new place As you grow old so does she

Your fear of The light ceases to be Not even a hint of memory, is left at all. You no longer cry or bawl, because she never left Her presence and security at night allows you to rest. Man she is the best- puts to other moms to the test Cuz she beats all the rest.After all you're her permanent guest. Her goal is to make you feel blessed, which she does. In that household there is all but Fuss. Understanding and care is a must. It is a place of trust and of love.

Until....

One day she-who has been there for your first steps, first owie and everything alike-She can't smile or hug you, when times of strife seem to replace All good, because the clock has struck its last strike. You hold on, with all your light. All her lectures hadn't prepared you for this most unfortunate night. She pulls you closer, then whispers, "I'm not gone yet. You're still here, ain't cha?"

Then she fades. Soul and all color empty, as her hand falls from behind your ear. That long-forgotten fear is no longer do forgotten, and pays a visit. You're in the dark. Again. But she's not hear to caress you face and wipe off your salty tears. It's been so long, years and years, so you don't know what to do, other than let your emotions come out. You soak your-now-drenched-pillow- the only comfort to you now. Time doesn't stop for you. And as it doesn't, the feeling of nothing good, engulfs your. It takes a lot of time to recover. A lot of time. Eventually your tears dry on your stained cheeks. One day in the future, you shall meet another to take care of you. She doesn't even begin to compare, but there is enough live in the world, in you, to share. Years pass on, like cars on an interstate pass on. After all this time, she's still looking out for you. Until.....

The humid air engulfs then both. It's both comfort and not. The unfamiliarity of it all, a bit overwhelming, you're sure. Just seconds ago, they knew nothing but dark. Now, held in the open, it is forgotten, as their new environment is just too much. Their little mouths, slimy and agape. Can't think of anything to do but let a loud whale escape. Until you, their giant by the bedside, caresses their red features, features so small, they can't compare to yours, that quiver and soften, with what you know to be joy. That joy that had diminished for what seems like ages, comes back, as you vow to make them feel blessed, your permanent guest. Because of her, you won't be the best, but you sure will give it your best, best shot to make the household full of trust, love and care. Looking back, when nothing in life was at all a bit fair, you hussh their cries of woe, you both whisper, 'Don't worry. We won't let you go.' With that, your love, your happiness, your story, and support from above, lives on.

-Faith.

*This is an imitation of the Law of Conservation of Matter/Energy(in this case, light/love/happiness,etc.) It only changes, but it never leaves you.