rings//e.d

AN// to the person who requested this: thank you and i hope you like it my love xx

(third person pov)

"What's that?" Leo whispers to his twin as their uncle flips the vegan burgers on the grill.

"What?"

"On's finger!" They stare at their uncle's hand for a bit until he turns to look at them.

"You guys wanna help?" Grayson asks. They shake their heads and run off, the ring still in their minds.

They'd never really noticed it before, the older pair of twins found it hard to wear a ring while tending to their children's needs. Even wedding bands were off the Dolan's fingers while burping the baby- too scared to hurt them.

And so now that Uncle Gray had at back on, it was their first time seeing it. And as y/n was feeding her twins their food? They watched their dad eat and guess what? He had the same ring.

Now the two four-year-old's were really intrigued. I mean come on, the same giant ring, on both their dad and their uncle? That's gotta mean something. And they already knew the other little silver ring they've seen- y/n said they get it when they get married.

But this one was new. And too afraid to ask, the twins stayed quiet about it. They decided to have their own little investigation later. But for the time being? They had their baby cousin, Emelia to bother.

And way after the little barbecue that was to celebrate their mommy's pregnancy, back at the house, the twins laid awake in their bunk beds.

They all lived in the same house- one Gray spent so many months planning and helping build. It was perfect, huge with a backyard to match, as well as plenty of rooms, for the all the little Dolan's knew they wanted.

And now its almost 11, they can hear E and Gray finishing up their wine downstairs, and the clinking of dishes being washed. And so the twins whisper and wait some more.

They've never actually stayed up this late before, they've tried- after being teased by the other set of twins, but nope. They were four. Four. But this was important. They had to see those rings.

And the twins can't really tell time but they can sense when a long time is, and once they hear complete silence? They're tiptoeing down the whole in their onesie clad feet, making their way to their parent's room.

And there he is, sound asleep, one hand around their mom and the other tucked behind his head. They grin as they step into the bed. They had a plan. If either parent was waken, they'd just pretend they wanted to sleep with them tonight.

And everything goes as planned, because the hand hanging from the forearm draped over their mom had the big, huge ring they'd seen. It looked even cooler up close.

So Leo's holding Ethan's finger while Quin pulled the ring off, frowning at how much heavier it was then what he expected. Nothing too bad though because- they're soo running out of the room- neither parent woken.

But then they start arguing, of course they do. And the rings being dropped, rolling quickly off the second floor to the stairs, falling off the banister. And once they hear the thud it makes as it hits the first floor- Quin and Leo are running off to bed to pretend nothing happened.

And it's a good thing E doesn't even notice it's gone when he wakes up, because it would've caused an unnecessary heart attack. And so when he heads down in the yellow Versace robe of his to wake his wife with some tea when he steps on somethi- his ring?

A frown on his face, he's picking up the ring, realizing that it was his, with the way he had it on last night and now it's gone? He figures it was just his tipsy self last night, and slips it back onto his finger and carries on with his day.