baby//e.d

AN// TRIGGER WARNING: bulimia nervosa & a misscariage :(  i also accidentally switched from second person to third near the end, and i dont wanna fix it, so just ignore it, sorry :/

(y/n pov)

"Please?" E asked, spoon to your mouth. He gave you a smile and you opened your mouth. He felt like he was forcing a child vegetables or something, as you frowned, chewing your food. "For the baby," He whispered. You nodded.

"For the baby."

In fact, they were vegetables, potatoes, mostly. You like potatoes- but you weren't hungry then. Or really, ever. The baby wasn't making you too hungry, and the only one with a problem with it was E.

If the baby wasn't even hungry, why eat?

"Almost done, see," Ethan said, pressing his forehead against yours. You nodded and he kissed the top of your head before pulling away. "You wanna go on a midnight stroll later?" He asked.

"Midnight stroll?" You asked as he held some more of the mash potatoes to your mouth.

"I was trying to make it sound romantic," He said. You rolled your eyes and you chuckled. "Yeah, last bite," He mumbled. You opened your mouth.

"Not actually at midnight," You mumbled, mouth full of food. He nodded. "I'm tired."

"How 'bout we go in the morning?" He asked. You shook your head. "Okay, we'll eat and then we'll go on a romantic stroll in the moonlight." You rolled your eyes and he laughed again, licking the spoon clean. "See, all done." You nodded.

He washed the bowl and you stayed on the counter, hand on your stomach, almost 15 weeks. You sighed, rubbing the little bump with your hands and E smiled, looking back at you. "Should we argue about baby names?" He asked. You shrugged.

"Tomorrow," You tell him. His face falls a bit, but he nods.

"Why are we scheduling disputes?" He asks with a smile. You shrug.

"So you can prepare to lose," You tell him. This makes him smile. "Get me down, I wanna get a sweater before we go," You say, kicking your legs against the cupboards.

E dries his hands on his shorts before making his way over to you, to pull you off the counter. He kissed you before you waddled away, heading upstairs. You grabbed his sweater, pulling it over your t-shirt before you decided to pee.

But heading to the bathroom, you didn't have to pee. What you had to do was get that food out of you. The baby probably didn't even want it, you'd know if your baby was hungry, right?

And so you kneeled down and threw up. All the potatoes, gone. And you felt better too. Maybe you'll eat tomorrow, maybe you'll eat lots to let the baby hold up for a few days. You stood up and stretched, washing out your mouth before you headed back downstairs.

You felt a little guilty, not telling E you did that. But you had to.

What could go wrong anyway?

---

He was gone. Just for two days. Just two. One small little trip. Business trip. He was only a few hours away, by plane.

So you had the whole house to yourself. He'd be on his way back, this time tomorrow. You just had to survive just this one night alone.

Almost 17 weeks now. Your tummy was growing. It felt nice, to have another human to take care of. E felt that way too. He was so ready to be dad, you wouldn't have expected him to be a dad before Gray.

And so leaving that morning was hard. He was really upset that there had to be this freaking meeting, right in the middle of your damn pregnancy. He didn't wanna go- no matter how good it'd be for wakeheart. But he had to. He absolutely had to.