carnival//g.d

(y/n pov)

You smiled as Gray crouched down. "You lost?" he asked. She frowned and looked around. Gray pouted. "Hey, you lost?" he asked again.

"Mama?" the little girl asked. Gray looked up at you and you shrugged. "Find mama?"

"Do you know mama's phone number?" Gray asked. She stared at him. "What about daddy's phone number?"

"No number!" She began to cry and GRay looked up at you. You crouched down too.

"Hey, hey, don't cry, sweetie," you whispered, squeezing her shoulder. She sniffled and walked closer to you. "We'll find them."

"Baby?" she asked. "Baby brother too?" Gray nodded.

"We'll find him too." Gray stood and looked around the carnival. There was no way they'd find her family in this crown. "Hm."

"Wheel," she said. "Big wheel."

"You were on the ferris wheel?" he asked her. She nodded, rubbing her eyes. Gray bent down to wipe her tears away and she walked into his legs, holding on. He grinned at you, taking the toddler's hand. "Let's go there, then?"

"That's quite the walk," you murmured, sighing. She must've walked here all alone.

"I know," Gray sighed, as they walked towards a map to find directions to the ferris wheel. "What's your name?" he asked her. She looked up at him, curls bouncing as she skipped to catch up to his long strides. You asked him to walk slower.

"Eve," she said with a sniffle. He smiled.

"I'm Grayson." She nodded. "This is y/n."

"Hello." Gray smiled. Her cuteness was most literally melting him and you could tell. But now you couldn't hold his hand and you resented the little girl a little for it. But she was too cute to be mad at.

"How old are you?" you asked. She held up two fingers. "Two?"

"No no no," she said quickly. "Three today."

"You turn three today?" you asked. She nodded. "It's your birthday?"

"Uh huh." Gray chuckled.

"Happy birthday, Eve!" She thanked him with a little giggle. "We'll find your parents, hang in there, sweetheart"

"And baby brother," she said with a sigh.

"How old is he?" you asked. She held two fingers up, thumb and forefinger, showing how close they were. "Is he small?"

"Teeny," she said. Gray smiled.

"What's his name?" She sighed.

"Axe." You nodded, smiling. "So cute," she mumbled.

"He's so cute?" Gray asked. She nodded.

"So teeny!" Gray chuckled, as did you.

"Well, I can't wait to meet him, then." She nodded and sighed, looking around. "You've gotta tell me if you see them, okay?" She nodded, head up to see.

"Can't see," she whispered. Gray held out his arms as they came to a stop. She raised hers and he hoisted her onto his hip. She nodded. "Lots better."

"You're welcome." She thanked him as soon as he'd said it and he shook his head, smiling. He looked back at you and you walked up to take his hand. You smiled.

"Thank you," you whispered. He laughed, leaning down to kiss your cheek.

"Mama!" she screamed, a few moments later, pointing behind them. Grayson turned and smiled to see a woman walking towards them. He put her down and she ran to her, a lady looking not older than you.