plans//e.d

AN// this is like so random omg again a very random title because what the heck even is this

(y/n pov)

"Clara!" you called out. "C'mon, baby," you cooed crouching down. You set your purse down on the floor next to you as you spread your arms. "To me?"

The eight-month-old baby stared at you, wobbling on her legs as she stood, a few meters ahead of you. "Mama?" she squeaked. You smiled as she reached her arms up too, wanting to be lifte.d You shook your head.

"No no, you walk, you can walk now," you sadi wit ha smiled. She frowned as people passed bey, smiling at you. Her hair fell over her eyes and she began swatting at it. You smiled. "Come on, angel."

"Mama!" she said again, still wanting to be lifted. You smiled, shaking your head. "Mama!"

"Clara," you called back. She frowned, turning. You laughed, ready to wait. She could do it, she was jsut being stubborn.

Someone walked past you and you turned to look up at him, his scent distracting you. But before you could get a look at his face he'd already walked right into Clara. "Oh!" she squealed, falling to her bum. You gasped, stanidng quickly.

"Cla-"

"Shit, my bad, I'm sorry," the man said quickly, pulling the baby back to hr feet. Surprisingly, not in tears, she blinked up at him, standing once again. "I'm so sorry, I ddin't see you!' he cooed.

You hurried over as Clara raised her arms.You sighed, picking her up and she giggled, happy she got her way. "You okay?" you asked softly, brushing off her shorts. She wrapped her arms around you.

"I'm so so sorry," the man said. Wow, his face was- very nice to look at. "I didn't see her at all, I mean, she' barely a foot tall and I'm, like, six foo-" He stopped his blabbering as you smile. "I'm Ethan." You shook his hand.

"Y/N." He smiled, hands in his pockets as your daughter stared up at him. "This is Clara," you introduced.

"Hi!" she giggled. Ethan waved.

"Hi!" You smiled as he replied to her with the same enthusiasm. "She's really cute- is she yours?" You nodded.

"Yeah, eight months." He smiled.

"I'm sorry, again, for running into her, I was just walking, I don't know, I don'teven know what I was do-"

"It's okay, she's not hurt or anything," you said, handing her over. He smiled, running hand through his hair. "So, we'll be off, then," you said with a smile. He nodded.

"It was nice meeting you," he said with a wave. Clara reached over for a hughfive as you fixed your purse over your shoulder.

"Bye bye!" she called out. He chuckled and turned to smile at her over his shoulder.

You headed down opposite ends of the aisle, you heading back to the baby section. You were in need of baby wipes. You picked a pack up, Clara on your hip as you carried the package in your other arm.

"Mama?" she asked. You hummed as you wiated in line to pay. You readjusted her on your hip as she turned. "Hi!" she squealed. You turned to her.

"Hi-" you began but realized she wasn't talking to you. "Oh, hey," you said with a smile. Ethan grinned.

"And we meet again." You nodded, pushing your hair out of your face. "Need some help?" he asked, reaching for the box of coffee pods you'd picked up. You handed it to him and he held his bottle of protein powder under his arm as he took your box. He must use a hell of a lot of that powder.