iou//e.d

(third person pov)

"Mmph-" Ethan grumbled, clicking the green button on his phone as he rolled over. "Hello?" He asked, voice thick and deep.

"Ethan?" Your voice piped out. "Oh my gosh, thank god," You said. Ethan shot up in bed at the sound of your voice.

"Y/N?" He asked, rubbing his eye. "G-good morning," He said.

"Hi, oh my god, Ethan," You sighed. "Thank you, I- good morning," You said. He was so confused.

"G'morning," He mumbled. "Everything alright?"

"I need a favour, please, literally no one else can right now," You sputtered, hoisting your two-year-old onto your hip.

"Yeah, wassup?" He asked, still half asleep. He fell back into his pillow with a yawn he managed to cover up.

"I- could you watch Claire for me today?" You asked. "I know- I know we aren't even like dating or shit, but like, literally no one else is free today, and with the virus and everything her daycare's closed but I still have work, and I can't leave and I just need someone to watch her for the day," You rambled, shoving things into her little My Little Pony Bag.

"What?" He asked.

"Just- okay, it's alright, Ethan, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to wak-"

"No wait, no it's cool, baby," He mumbled, head nestling into his arm. Baby? You blushed. "Yeah, I can watch her, Gray's home too, it's all good," He said, voice trailing off. It was 8 am. It was far too early for E.

"I don't wanna bother you two, this is all so last minute and we don't even-"

"Nah, its cool, when're you dropping her?" He asked. You sighed, grabbing your keys while Claire yawned.

"Ten minutes, I'm leaving my house right now," You said. His eyebrows raised for a moment and he nodded, despite you not being able to see him.

"Sure."

---

You knocked on the door, Claire on your hip, head on your shoulder. Poor baby was still so tired. You knocked again and it opened. Your eyebrows raised at the man who opened the door. So this was Grayson.

"Hi." He nodded slowly and looked behind him. "I'm y/n," You introduced, sticking your free arm out. He smiled and shook your hand.

"Nice to officially meet you, I'm Grayson," He said. You smiled. He looked at you expectantly. "This is gonna sound so rude but- what're you doing here?" He asked. Your face fell quickly. "I didn't mean it like that but it's eight in the mor-"

"No, uh, Ethan said he would- he could watch my daughter, uh, Claire, for the day?" You asked. "Oh, I'm so sorry, I'll-"

"No- that's okay, I just- he's still asleep, I believe," Grayson told you. "But, uh, can I hold her?" He asked, standing aside so you could step inside. You smiled and looked at Claire.

"Wanna let him carry you?" You asked. With no response, you walked over to Grayson, who took her bag from you to set on the couch and took Claire from you.

"Hi," He said softly. You smiled, looking around. You'd actually never been here before. "I'm Grayson," He whispered. You smiled.

"Is he- I talked to him like fifteen minutes ago," You said. Grayson sighed and walked down the hall. You followed him and entered a room after him. "Oh."

Ethan was still sprawled out on his bed, phone in his hand from talking to you. Grayson sighed as Claire rested her head on his shoulder, so tired. "Ethan," Grayson called. He didn't budge. "E."