spectrum//e.d

AN// hi loves!! so i just wanted to say that this one really means a lot to me because the kids i used in this imagine are based off two i actually know. about over a year and a half ago i volunteered at this autism centre, where i worked with little kids with autism about twice a week for a program they had. there like the volunteers partnered with a child for the semester and you do little activities with them. noah, e's kid in the imagine is actually based off of the little boy i was paired up with. and sadie, gray's partner is based off of a little girl that also attended the program. i loved being there so much, i had so much fun and learned so much and i wanna go back soon but yeah, i got a request and this one just means so much to me, so i hope you like <3 (i also didn't know how to end it so its a little off but its okay, i hope.)

a little disclaimer: anything written about asd in this imagine are based off of things ive seen and worked with in little children at the program i worked at. they're based off of my experiences with the children there. i also wanted to say that if you're someone who makes fun of autsim or uses being 'autistic' as an insult, please please please stop. its not fair and should never be used as insult. there is absolutely nothing wrong with being on the spectrum or having autism. nothing at all. 

(y/n pov)

"Why does he not latch on properly?" you sighed, adjusting the newborn in your arms. E walked into the room with a frown on his face.

"Oh man," he sighed, sitting next to you.

"He won't stop crying but then he won't feed either!" you complained. Ethan chuckled softly. "If you're hungry, then just eat, my love," you whispered to the week old baby.

"Maybe you're holding him all wrong," E said with a smile. "Oh!"

"Hm?" You looked up.

"Didn't your friend get you one of the feeding pillows for the baby shower?" You raised an eyebrow. "I'll go look for it."

He headed down while you finally got him to latch on properly, holding him higher up to your chest. Your arms were getting tired by the time E came back and it seemed as if now Noah wasn't letting go.

"Here, let's try this," E mumbled, ripping the box open and pulling the packaging off. You sighed and nodded. He stared at the pillow for a moment, turning it around to see which way it went.

He finally slid it under Noah, you resting him on it. And as soon as he came in contact with the pillow, he pulled off, screaming. You groaned, pulling him up while E fixed your shirt for you.

"What now?" you cooed to the little baby. "Why can't you just eat like a normal baby?"

"Because he's a Dolan." You gave E a quizzical look and he laughed. He reached out and you gave Noah over to him. "Hey, bud." You stood, putting the pillow on the couch before stretching your arms.

"This place is a mess," you sighed, bending down to pick up the packaging of the pillow. E frowned, rocking the crying baby.

"If you're hungry, eat like a normal human, what are you- an alien?" E asked him. You laughed. "Must've gotten your mom's genes." You turned, laughing.

"Ethan!" E laughed and kissed Noah's head. "Maybe we should switch to formula."

"Why don't you just pump milk?" E asked, Noah, finally starting to calm down as Ethan paced around the room. You frowned. "Like you were doing before he was bor-"

"It's so much work, Ethan," you sighed. Ethan laughed, holding the baby to his chest. "Lucky asshole."

"Me?" Ethan asked in a whisper, drumming his fingers along Noah's back. "Because I don't have tits."